2015/04/16 10:30:07
jbow
In DP, I have no trouble loading a multisample like a bass or piano but if I click the dropdown and click: "load preset" a folder opens and I am not sure what I am looking for or where to look. I always get presets: none. I have not used any of the soft synths much and what I've done has worked but now I'm wondering if I am missing something. I don't think so but I am unsure now. I can understand having no "user presets" if I have not altered and saved multisamples but having no presets at all bothers me unless I am just confused. 

Thanks,

J
2015/04/16 11:12:02
AT
Presets are different than samples, of course.

The presets are in the browser, which is the folded paper icon in the top row (IIRC), which opens a pop up menu.  Don't forget F5 refreshes it if you load in new libraries.

@
2015/04/16 11:31:58
jbow
Thanks AT, I still don't understand. I can use MIDI but there is a lot I don't understand. I opened the Stand Alone DP and opened it in SPlat, the folder icon with the corner folded offers to load a "program". It opens a folder which looks like the same things that are in the Browser but in folder, file form.
If I click the Down arrow next to VST2, I get the option to "Load Preset". It opens the folder: Libraries\Documents and in the search box is: VST2 Preset (*.fxp). From there I have no idea where to look or what to looks for. I have the option to change the search parameter to "all files" but that makes even less sense to me.
I think either I am confused or I have something pointing to the wrong place.

Thanks for the help!

Julien
2015/04/16 11:37:03
jbow
Also, if I click the black box where the sample is named the Program Browser opens. At the upper left there is a box that says, No Presets. There is a down arrow next to it, when I click it there is a drop down menu that says No Presets, with a box to the left with a check mark in it.

J
2015/04/16 11:59:03
jbow
I found some .sfz files but cannot make them load. They are in Computer\C Drive\Multisamples but I have to change the search parameter to all files for them to show up. IF I click one I get a message telling me "The selected file is not a valid VST preset file" I cick OK and get another error message saying, "Invalid filename. Failed to load preset".

Any idea what I am doing wrong. I am not on my DAW but on my laptop and haven't done any custom installs, having only one HD on it.

Thanks...
2015/04/16 11:59:49
AT
I'll get back to you on that.  Maybe try hitting the B key when the synth is in focus?

@
2015/04/16 12:00:06
scook
The only place "preset" is mentioned is the standard VST header. This is not part of DPro, it is supplied by the host. I rarely use the host preset manager and have never used it for DPro. DPro like most plug-ins has its own preset manager.  The program browser is displayed by clicking the field in the upper left, above the four Element buttons (E1-E4), below the standard preset drop down

2015/04/16 12:04:21
jbow
OK, so a preset is the same as a Program? I found and watched an SWA video on Dim Pro and it seemed as if Karl was implying that a preset and a program are the same. Thanks, maybe if it is working I shouldn't try to fix it. There is just so much that I don't know and thought I was missing something. Thanks Scook!

Julien
2015/04/16 12:11:59
scook
I would think the way Karl used the term is it. As I said, the host supplies a preset manager but it is different than the one supplied by DPro. I would be surprised if Karl mentions the host preset manager because not all hosts work the same. The DPro program manager is the same regardless of the host or OS. It can get confusing; program, patch and preset usually refer to the same thing in DPro...the stuff in the program browser.
2015/04/16 12:28:45
jbow
scook
I would think the way Karl used the term is it. As I said, the host supplies a preset manager but it is different than the one supplied by DPro. I would be surprised if Karl mentions the host preset manager because not all hosts work the same. The DPro program manager is the same regardless of the host or OS. It can get confusing; program, patch and preset usually refer to the same thing in DPro...the stuff in the program browser.

No, he didn't even show it. I understand. Thank you!! I'm good to go. Through this I have realized that I need to check on my DAW to see if DSF and other packs I've gotten over the past few years are there.

Thanks again!

Julien
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account