2017/11/27 11:38:26
silvercn
Wondering if anyone else has been taking a look / trying out the Harrison Mixbus DAW and what you think. I have dabbled in it a little and it has some interesting console differences for sure, but in a good way with included channel strip modules.  Have not done a whole project yet. It does appear to have different feel for sure, and a different audio output quality that is hard to articulate.

2017/11/27 11:40:29
cclarry
What sets Mixbus apart is the sound.  The saturation is exceptional.
At $29, even for fun, it's a no brainer IMO.
2017/11/27 11:59:04
gswitz
2017/11/27 14:33:27
Jesse G
Thanks gswitz,

I purchased Mixbus for $29.00 but haven't really used it.  It's more like a back up that I will have to eventually learn.   Since Sonar Platinum isn't going anywhere,  I will still keep on using it as always and won't replace it as my Daw.

Maybe, a year down the line or two if another company doesn't pick it up, then I will seriously consider using something else.
2017/11/27 14:54:20
gswitz
Personally, I'm just exploring. I agree that there is no urgent need to abandon ship.

Mixbus does have some neat features and in general I've been enjoying it.

The EQ is never out of the signal path and when I import a Sonar mix and export it, peaks are about one tenth of one dB louder. No big deal, but worthy of note.
2017/11/28 15:00:01
Vilovilo
Hi all of you.
2017 has been a strange year, lots of " gone by" though Sonar is not the toughest one,it is in the train,but that is personnal.
To come back in the heart of the thread, I bought the license for Mixbus and it is your fault Geoff because your vids showed something I never found easy with Sonar ,meaning trigger a guitar in real Time with Rapture pro sounds ,though I think it is possible with every decent software and Sonar is included in the wagon but I am somewhat deaf and dumb when it comes to technical means...
It seems like Mixbuss is quite usable when it comes to audio and the sound is something that is not easy to achieve else where even by inserting tons of plug-ins , maybe one day comes when you get tired of this sound but let us see.
Mixbuss lacks all the tweaks you can adjust in Sonar to make it work well ,so managing latency and CPU charges
seems quite short ,but I could make a piano work ,with much higher buffer settings than what I can do in Sonar but it was almost playable.
So it seems for me that I will carry on with Sonar when it comes to manage midi and loops ,but Mixbus brings something quite organic when it comes to audio( which is my main musical activity).
I had a look toward Mixcraft ,because I bought their piano long ago and it was cool,but having to store tons of loops kept me away from it though I was tempted by what is said about their video capabilities,though Vegas is good for the job in this area.
All that to say Geoff, that you made me spend money I sweared myself I would not so that is not cool....
But despite this financial reality. Thank you for your vids and I hope you will share some more.
All the best.
Olivier
2017/11/28 15:59:22
IK_Multimedia
For me, I still prefer to track and do MIDI work in Cubase but end up doing mixing work in Mixbus (previously was on 3, then 4, now using 32C).  The sound and console workflow are a natural fit for mixing for me.
2017/11/28 16:17:13
35mm
I got Mixbus quite a while ago for $29 too. I haven't really played with it much until recently though. It is worth picking up though when they have one of their silly deals on. I would say it would be a great tracking solution. It's like get back to the analog days.
2017/11/29 10:29:14
subtlearts
Just picked it up for $29, have had it open to poke around a bit. Kind of doubt it will become my daily driver anytime soon - I do a lot of MIDI and softsynth work - but I'm intrigued with the idea of exporting from whatever else I end up using (Sonar for a while longer, Reason, Live, possibly S1, we'll see...) and mixing in it and seeing if all the people that say it just inherently sounds better, or at least that it's easier and more fun to put together a great sounding mix in Mixbus than anything else, are onto something... 
2017/11/29 11:45:19
cclarry
Harrison is offering Mixbus AND Plugin Essetials for $49 now

Cakewalk/Sonar users: take advantage of this no-hassle transition to Mixbus!

Mixbus plus Essentials Bundle Just $49
List $158
69% off
Includes FREE 4.x updates. Mixbus loads VST, AU and LV2 plugins.
I Want Mix

Find out more about Harrison Essentials Bundle here

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account