• Software
  • Celemony has announced Version 2 of ARA
2018/01/26 03:04:50
TerraSin
Celemony announces ARA 2: Plug-ins and DAWs mesh even better

At NAMM 2018 Celemony announced version 2 of the acclaimed ARA (Audio Random Access) plug-in extension. The ARA interface extension allows plug-ins and DAWs to communicate more comprehensively with one another and therefore work far better together. Now Celemony is announcing a new version, ARA 2, which has even greater possibilities.

With ARA 2, the exchange of information between DAWs and plug-ins is even more comprehensive, which makes additional applications possible. The new ARA 2 specification allows, among other things, the simultaneous editing of multiple tracks, the transfer of chord track information between the DAW and the plug-in, seamless clip borders that make the manual setting of crossfades superfluous, Undo interlocking with the DAW, and much else besides.

To profit from the new possibilities, both programs – the DAW and the plug-in – must support the ARA 2 specification. Fortunately, ARA 2 is considerably more flexible and can be integrated more easily into a multitude of DAWs as well as supported by a very wide variety of plug-ins. What features then become available depends, of course, upon the specific plug-in and DAW in each case involved. One pairing may allow only simple sound editing, another perhaps even automatic tempo and harmony adjustments.
Celemony is holding out the prospect of the spring release of a version of Melodyne with ARA 2 – the beta-testing has already begun. ARA 2 was developed in collaboration with established as well as new ARA partners. The first implementations have already been announced: One development partner, Presonus, for example, is currently working on a version of Studio One featuring the new technology and also Cockos has announced ARA 2 integration for Reaper. Apple, with its Logic Pro X 10.4, has already presented at the NAMM show ARA support based on ARA 2.

http://www.celemony.com/en/pm-ara2

Thus the outdatedness of Sonar begins. :(
2018/01/26 03:39:37
noynekker
Very cool . . . and I've read rumblings that even Steinberg (source: Cubase forum) has ARA on their radar, for future development. Apparently, they don't want to be left behind, or suffer from "outdatedness" either.
2018/01/26 04:37:59
Larry Jones
Great! When will this be added to SONAR? Oh, wait...
2018/01/26 05:03:49
InstrEd
wise guy :(
2018/01/26 07:32:33
JClosed
noynekker
Very cool . . . and I've read rumblings that even Steinberg (source: Cubase forum) has ARA on their radar, for future development. Apparently, they don't want to be left behind, or suffer from "outdatedness" either.

Not only that - but ARA2 will also support exchanging Chord Track information between the DAW and Melodyne. Chord tracks is a feature that's only found in Cubase (so far), and if Melodyne will become capable of following (or even creating) Chord Tracks, it will be very useful indeed!

For me this indicates Steinberg is already involved for a considerable time in the development of ARA2. Nice to see my "jump ship" to Cubase in April last year was not a bad move (apart from gaining hugely in the MIDI department to start with).
2018/01/26 11:50:45
Marshall
This is great news - the integration with Studio One is so smooth and fast as it is, but the new features sound very exciting. 
2018/01/26 12:16:50
emwhy
Samplitude has ARA which is great, but I also see that Reaper will be adding it as well from the OP. These are my 2 DAWs of choice when (and if) Sonar stops functioning. I still use Sonar daily, but continued news like this will make the inevitable switch easier.

2018/01/26 12:24:15
Makzimia
And, drum roll, Logic Pro X has ARA2, there you go :).
2018/01/26 15:05:07
TheMaartian
Really happy I have the Studio version. Simultaneous editing of multiple tracks. Woo hoo!
2018/01/26 15:12:22
Makzimia
And, drum roll, Logic Pro X has ARA2, there you go :).

Actually it doesn't, ARA2 hasn't been released/finished yet.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account