• Software
  • Celemony has announced Version 2 of ARA (p.2)
2018/01/26 15:20:01
Makzimia
Matron Landslide
Makzimia
And, drum roll, Logic Pro X has ARA2, there you go :).

Actually it doesn't, ARA2 hasn't been released/finished yet.

Actually yes it does :@). Based on it.

http://www.celemony.com/en/pm-logic-ara2

2018/01/26 15:26:07
Stone House Studios
Makzimia
Matron Landslide
Makzimia
And, drum roll, Logic Pro X has ARA2, there you go :).

Actually it doesn't, ARA2 hasn't been released/finished yet.

Actually yes it does :@). Based on it.

http://www.celemony.com/en/pm-logic-ara2

Says coming soon. Apparently there isn't ARA1 in Logic at this point!

Brian
2018/01/26 15:33:44
Makzimia
I personally don't care about Melodyne, but, apparently..

Logic’s ARA support is based on the new ARA 2 specification, but for a plug-in to take advantage of this, it, too, must support ARA 2.

And that is what is part of the new smart flexible audio tempo stuff Logic 10.4 now does, so, that I do care about. Either way, it's a VERY cool new feature, yes?

Tony
2018/01/26 16:18:07
emwhy
Will the older versions of Melodyne work with this new standard?

2018/01/26 17:19:20
mettelus
Good question. This could require two upgrades if not released as a point patch on both sides (Melodyne and DAW).
2018/01/26 18:46:25
emwhy
Great way to get more $$ from us eh? I suppose we'll know this spring. Sonar and Samplitude already have the old standard and obviously Sonar won't be upgrading to it. But Samplitude might which could make and older version of Melodyne possibly not function as intended and I just saw on the Reaper forums that their doing their betas to the new standard.

2018/01/26 18:48:01
35mm
emwhy
Will the older versions of Melodyne work with this new standard?

I very much doubt it as the new specification will be written into a new version of Mel. It also probably won't be backward compatible, so once you update to the new Melodyne it is unlikely to work in Sonar anymore. So for any Sonar projects that use Melodyne, you should make sure you render those tracks!
2018/01/26 20:54:05
Larry Jones
This is the exact reason why it's time to find a new DAW. Many of us couldn't care less about Melodyne specifically, but stuff like this is going to continue to be released by other plugin makers as more time goes by, making SONAR more and more out of date. New recording and mixing techniques made possible by new technology will not be available to those who stick with our beloved old DAW. Of course it's not necessary to jump onto every trend, but my feeling is that something is bound to come along that I want to try.
2018/01/27 02:31:39
SimpleManZ
I'm pretty certain Cakewalk was a beta tester partner/developer with this new ARA2. Sonar would have implemented it and probably a nice discount to Melodyne upgrade too.
2018/01/27 03:06:06
msorrels
The last version of Melodyne didn't break older SONARs (or other DAWs with ARA support), it's not a given this new version will break the last SONAR.  They actually went a long way at making sure they didn't break things last time.  Given this is all just just at the announce stage, it would be unfair to start jumping to conclusions.  Let them announce the actual upgrade to Melodyne first.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account