• Software
  • Video making Reaper more like Splat
2018/01/22 00:49:14
BENT
Hi all. Having bought Samp, Mixcraft, demoed Studio One-3, Mixbuss (The list goes on) I've settled on Reaper. It's a bit more of a leaning curve then some DAWs but I think it will pay dividends latter on.

Anyways I came across this video that has helped me no end emulating "MY" workflow preferences in Splat over to Reaper. So I thought I would share... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E81gM1ExiI

hth

2018/01/26 12:21:13
emwhy
Try the HYDRA color theme from Reaperstash it came out in November and I was able to get Reaper to look a LOT like the current tungsten theme if you like that look for Sonar. Reaper has been a pleasant revelation of late. It's come very far compared to when I demoed it back 2012. 
2018/01/26 23:39:10
BENT
Thanks emwhy, Have downloaded theme, it has a nice feel to it.

Yes Reaper has come a long way and I'm becoming more comfortable using it day by day. I find comping to be a breeze compared to splat and samplitude (no solo or mute buttons to click) and I love that you can place envelopes in the track (Like Sonar 8.5.3) or individual lanes of various sizes, plus set up a key binding to alternate between them.

I've been with cake for 23 years since Pro Audio 4.5 and trying out so many DAW's of late has surly shown me that Splat is defiantly not the guru of DAW's I once thought it was! 
2018/01/27 01:38:10
BENT
If only Reaper had Splats Inspector.
This is a huge feature, IMO Splats Inspector is by far the best in all of the DAW's Iv'e tried. 
2018/01/27 03:27:56
emwhy
You could always do a feature request for it over on their forums. They seem to be pretty responsive. I'm waiting for ARA integration and then odds are Reaper will become my main DAW. The audio quantize functions are great, the way they implement track folders is cool as well. Using the folder as a bus is a great idea and once I figured it out what a time saver. Haven't been comping with it yet, but one step at a time.

2018/01/27 05:22:47
BENT
Yeah I always felt a Splat folder was under used where in Reaper a folder is like routing tracks to a bus with a visual wave profile of all tracks in folder.

How awesome is the "Auto Colour/Icon/Layout"
Double click on any empty space in the track pane creates a track, then name it and it automatically set track to predetermined settings for Colour, Icon, visible in mixer and or track view. What a time saver :)

I also like that a track is just a track, you open a new track and what you do with it determiners if it's a audio, midi, folder bus and so on.  

2018/01/27 05:27:18
BENT
Also I searched the Reaper forum for info on an Inspector/Chanel strip and there has been lots of talk about it, who knows what the future holds, it may one day happen.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account