2011/07/28 13:36:56
slartabartfast
Unfortunately, this feature has been eliminated because of the new architecture.

Too bad God would not give the programmers the ability to design a "new architecture" that would support one of the breakthrough capabilities of electronic musical instruments i. e. rapid and easy scale adjustment. Perhaps if they prayed instead of programmed, a miracle would happen that would allow them to write code that was not lame by design.

Frankly I think they just realized that the trance cut-and-loopers who they now view as their target audience for softsynths have no use for tuning of any sort.

No, I would not buy a contemporary synth that does not support microtuning. But I expect I will end up getting one free if I upgrade to Sonar X2 producer in the near future.
2011/09/22 13:32:50
dmbaer
justintonation

It just came to my attention that microtuning will no longer be possible in Z3ta+2.   Z3ta+ and your other instruments do support microtuning (Scala file support).   The main reason I started using Sonar and Cakewalk instruments is the support for microtuning.   You've built a name for yourselves in the microtonal community, and you're about to destroy it again with Z3ta+2 :(   Instruments that don't support microtuning are completely useless to me and all other microtonalists.   Please re-implement microtuning (Scala file support) in Z3ta+2 and other future instruments! Please.   If you do this, you'll have me (and many other microtonalists) as a very loyal, happy customer and promoter of Cakewalk software.   But you have to understand that microtuning support is an absolutely essential feature.

You'll be happy to learn (maybe you know already) that CW is restoring microtuning to Z3ta+ 2.  I just saw a post in KVR from someone on the development team.  A new version is in the works that includes bug fixes and the return of this feature.
2011/09/22 17:36:15
jma
Confirmed in the Cakewalk newsletter I got today. Look for z3ta 2.1 in October.
2011/09/23 09:36:15
Brian Desmond [Cakewalk]
Hey guys -

Yes, we made a mistake by not keeping it in Z3TA+ 2, but we have been listening to everyone, and it's coming back!

As we added it back in, we cleaned up the dialogs a little bit to be a little easier to understand than they were in Z1, and now Z3TA+ 2.1 will ship with the latest full version of the Scala archive (version 76, July 2011) built right in.

Should be out in a couple weeks unless we run into any major issues!

2011/10/02 07:19:02
b rock
Yes, we made a mistake by not keeping it in Z3TA+ 2, but we have been listening to everyone, and it's coming back!

Thanks for that open response, Brian.  Class act.  We're all listening, too, and the earlier 'eliminated because of the new architecture' comment rang hollow to me.  It's time to revisit this classic RGC synth makeover.
2015/03/08 13:56:33
MUSE
Is Hermode tuning back too?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account