2015/09/19 05:30:09
Dartagnan
I can't believe it's gone! My favorite synth! :(  Bring it back!!
Er...
Requesting that the amazing Pentagon 1 soft synth be included with Sonar Platinum. If it needs to be fixed to be able to run then please do so. It was my favorite synth, I used it a lot, and miss it dearly.
Please and thank you!
2015/09/19 07:29:15
Leadfoot
If you have an older version of Sonar, just do a custom install and uncheck everything except for Pentagon. It should work fine for you. I still use it for some things in Sonar Platinum too. Good luck.
2015/09/21 05:13:19
Dartagnan
Thanks Leadfoot!
Yea.... I've been using Cakewalk since it was a sequencer in the early 80's! :)
Is Pentagon working in 64-bit as well? That would be awesome! :D
(Do you know what is the last version in which it was included? - I have Sonar X2 and Sonar 8 and 9... - I'd have to look for others...)  I'll find it here somewhere though...
(Wasn't there something about having to run in "administrator mode" to get it to work?)

Thanks!
- Ron
2015/09/21 06:04:40
Kev999
Dartagnan
...Do you know what is the last version in which it was included? - I have Sonar X2 and Sonar 8 and...

A kind user has put together a spreadsheet showing exactly which plugins are included in each version of Sonar. Check it out:
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=df413f5445183b18&page=view&resid=DF413F5445183B18!6843&parId=DF413F5445183B18!105&authkey=!AHGSVIHEsaTCkqo&app=Excel&wacqt=undefined
2015/09/21 09:33:02
Leadfoot
I'm running Sonar Platinum 64bit, and Pentagon runs just fine.
2015/09/21 10:59:51
scook
This is the only issue I know of with 64bit Pentagon http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2708401

2015/09/22 06:06:28
Dartagnan
Found it, got it running!
Looks like it's NOT in X3 (that Excel file should be updated?), I got it from the X2 install.
It didn't insert into Sonar at first (error msg), and then I remembered the "Run as Administrator" fix for that. Now it works. But I did run into the crash / audio bug problem as well. - It starts clicking and then "screaming" out weird noises and I have to shut it down. (Not just with the "Valley" sim.)  :(  Oh well, better than not having it!
I hope the RGC folk can fix it someday, I really love that synth! So slick and smooth! Definitely my fav soft-synth!
...I got the Z3ta2 synth this time, thinking it would be cooler, but I'm really not impressed yet. - I'm sure there's some cool stuff in there somewhere, I'll just have to keep messing with it.

Thanks again all!
- Dart
2015/09/22 07:53:23
Doktor Avalanche
Get rid of "run as administrator" if you can:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/1966631
2015/09/22 08:33:57
Dartagnan
So I just got the Pantheon Lexicon fx off of an old disk as well! (Seems to work (?) )
Why do they drop these old plug-ins?! {I know, licensing...} - I have old files that use them! Everything sounds different now! [Though partially because of my switch from a Kurzweil K2000 to a K2600] (Of course, I'm an old MIDI geek and don't use actual audio tracks much... I suppose I should now that we have the disk space to do that.)
So... if we have/own a bunch of old versions of Cakewalk/Sonar, what are the best (still functional) old "add-ons" to install? And from which version?
2015/09/22 08:39:26
Doktor Avalanche
Dartagnan
Why do they drop these old plug-ins?! {I know, licensing...}

As a bare minimum requirement people expect 64 bit VST's nowadays with 32 bit versions supplied alongside with new sales, although I think it's high time 32 bit software production comes to a halt and becomes a distant memory.

Also the fact Cakewalk didn't fix the administrator bug shows they lost interest in developing the plugin ages ago. Much like what is happening now with Rapture Pro and Z3TA+2. I've certainly lost faith in Cakewalk as a plugin customer. They do great DAW's but seem happy to leave buggy plugins out in the field for years. I was hoping they might turn this around but it was not to be.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account