2015/09/20 23:00:25
saltydog3317
Before I make the commitment to upgrade and stay with Cakewalk I would like to know if there is any plans on making some new hardware for Sonar Platinum in the future? I like the Roland V Studio 700 and wanted to know if we will see another package like this in the future? I have been told that Cakewalk is now owned by Gibson who also owns Tascam and wondered if there would be a possible package in the future specific for Sonar Platinum made by Tascam?
Or am I expecting too much?

Thanks Kevin
2015/09/21 10:29:37
AT
Kevin, no one here knows anything about it.  But you are right, TASCAM is now partners (through Gibson) with Cake and expect a lot of integration simply because they will use each other's platforms, so any glitches should get corrected quickly (same as w/ Roland when they owned Cake).

On the other hand, it really does your sales no favors if you lock your hardware to software (except AVID).  I don't expect TASCAM to make a SONAR-specific hardware controller.  I do expect they will make a replacement for their interface/board that works well w/ SONAR and is likely to be well tested.

What I'd like to see is a TASCAM DSD recorder/playback integrated w/ SONAR at DSD rates to splice together tracks for light editing. 

@
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account