2015/09/21 15:29:50
brconflict
Feature Request
For a clip, track, buss, or Entire Mix, what are the options to simply Right-click and Export? For examples:

1) Right-click the Master buss, and select, "Export Entire Mix" to export the Entire Mix.
2) Right-click a single clip to export that clip.
3) Highlight and/or Right-click a track to mix-down and export the entire track (or buss).
4) Highlight all you want to export, Right-click, and all selected clips will export to separate files.

Or, for the Export dialogue to appear and what you've highlighted/lasso'd will be selected in the Export automagically.

Problem to resolve
One thing I routinely do is export a single track to place into a video editor elsewhere. This way, I can edit a track's Take Lanes into a single, full on track, but I've recorded many other sources into the mix. The trouble I run into, there's no easy way to export that one track. It can be done, but requires diligent effort to unselect all other tracks, eats up a lot of harddrive space to export everything separately, or takes longer than I have. 

More, it might even be useful or speedy to have a checkbox and setting for "Open in...", much like Adobe does for exporting photos in Lightroom, where, once they're all exported, they are all opened in Photoshop. For example, "Open in... (with Camtasia Studio or Vegas selected, for instance--whatever I've configured in Prefs or Windows)".

Long-term question
Is it remotely feasible to have another DAW editor, perform some "function" or work on a clip while the clip is open in Sonar? For example, perhaps I want to edit a clip in Wavelab, then merely update it in Sonar via a Refresh button?

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account