• Software
  • Free Version of Sampletank 3 can now import legacy libraries (p.3)
2016/04/20 13:16:20
BobF
Thanks for stopping in and clarifying things.  I'm diggin the IKM stuff I have.

Now PLEASE discount the bejesus of the MAX stuff so I can buy the EVERYTHING pack 
2016/04/20 17:34:58
IK_Multimedia
BobF
Thanks for stopping in and clarifying things.  I'm diggin the IKM stuff I have.

Now PLEASE discount the bejesus of the MAX stuff so I can buy the EVERYTHING pack 

I will see what I can do :)  I would love to work that into the promo name but it might offend some.. and "We've discounted the snot out of the MAX bundles" doesn't sound any better (though not likely to offend as many).  We could get the Mucinex mascot on board too... ugh, ok even I'm gagging now so I'll stop.
2016/04/20 22:38:53
Fleer
It took IK about two years to allow for a free version of ST3 accepting legacy import. I do appreciate that IK gave owners of the full ST3 version this head start, which seems only right.
2016/04/20 22:51:14
cclarry
See..this is what people miss...

The strategy is this...

Sell to the "must have first buyers"...then to the "ok...I waited long enough" buyers...
Then to the "ok...that's enough" buyers...

Marketing 101...don't buy in...just bide your time...don't let GAS win...
You can still "aquire" just down the road...

Politics as usual is the name of the game...

By saying "No SampleTank FREE" you'll get more buyers...
Then say...ST FREE won't import legacy instruments...
THAT will get people to buy ST3 SE....
Then, after all is said and done...release a ST FREE that WILL import Legacy Instruments...

It's all smoke and mirrors...and we buy it...literally...every time...

But IK NEVER said that...you just misunderstood...
2016/04/20 23:37:39
gmon72
I am trying to think of another current software product that went free within 2 years of release. In this case it is safe to say that objectively and subjectively the primary reason to buy ST3 was to meaningfully use the fire saled ST2 libraries (which is another whole story to those who actually bought the stuff before the buy one get ten free group buys). So while yes, the paid version does include factory content, we all know that wasn't the main selling point and I'd love to know how many people buy the full version now.

As for the MAXX upgrade pricing, I don't get why it's so difficult to figure out what someone has and price the upgrade accordingly. Waves, Plugin Alliance, Melda and others have tackled the simple arithmetic needed to figure that out.
2016/04/21 06:03:22
Soundwise
Looks like it's good time to get the full ST3. If ST4 is on the way and will use the same model as AT4 (stripped down AT3 version with a couple of new features and the content available separately), many users may regret not getting full ST3 during current promotion.
2016/04/21 06:30:08
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
IK_Multimedia
RehabRob
so I reckon it's 64bit VST3 and only installable via IK gear store???

It is 64-bit only, Audio Units (Mac only obviously), VST 2, VST 3, AAX per the Specs page: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletankcs/index.php?pp=sampletank-cs-specs

You can find it in your IK User Area under "My Products"

Hey, thanks for the info.

I installed and imported the legacy libs - seemed to have worked fine. SampleTron, which I did like a lot, will see some use again :-) it had kind of faded away when 32 bit went out of the picture ...

I also took the time to update all my IK installations & plugs to latest versions ... hadn't done this in about 1 1/2 yrs because GearShop gave me lots of headaches back then and I wasn't interested in any of the iToys stuff - so I will also revive some of the TRacks plugs :-)
2018/01/24 15:26:08
JoeGBradford
I know this is an old post to resurrect but it came up on a google search! I updated ST3 Free when I was reinstalling my VSTi's after a system update

I imported all the legacy instruments - I have a lot from ST2 days - and installed them. Although all was working perfectly for a few days suddenly ST3 Free wouldn't load into HS so on the advice of IK I'm reinstalling the instrument but this means I have to reimport all the ST2 instruments which is a pain. Does anyone know if this process creates a new copy of each instrument and if so where would it be. Also is there any way to short cut the process given that I have done it once already

Cheers!

2018/01/24 18:04:09
Blades
Did the same a while back. Interface is much better (working scroll wheel) and I believe it does make a second copy. I fairly sure I told it where e to put them on a data drive. I don't know what the default would be.

When I get in front of pc, I can look if there is something that would make it easy to search.
2018/01/24 18:29:10
JoeGBradford
Cheers - it didn't ask me where to put them just asked me for the path of the original instruments. I've imported all of them now. Let's hope it lasts longer than it did last time! I loaded up a template project I'd set up for an orchestra and it can't find the original instruments so I will have to reload them. No huge task but irritating!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account