• Software
  • WIll you weigh in on Samplitude and Mixcraft?
2018/01/08 02:05:53
jude77
I downloaded both Samplitude and Mixcraft.  And then bought Presonus.  Sadly, I'm just not bonding with it, because even though it's wonderfully easy it won't quite do what I want to do (for instance I can't seem to turn off quantize: does it turn off?).  Maybe if I give it some time I can get happier, but the specials on Samplitude and Mixcraft are ending soon, so if I'm going to grab one them now's the time.  What do you guys think?  Extra content aside, which one do you prefer and why?  Which is more SONAR-ESQUE?  Any input is appreciated.
2018/01/08 02:49:30
InstrEd
I know Bapu and Bitflipper are on the Samplitude forum. I think Samplitude reminds me of Sonar 8.5. Which
is fine for me. I only used 10% of the program probably.
Mixcraft reminds me more of Project5. Mixcraft is running the special to the end of January. So you got some time there to try it out. I brought Samplitude because I was interested in Spectral Layer 4. Funny thing is Samplitude's
Built in Spectral Layer Editor might be all I need. But if I need the extra muscle of Spectral Layer it is a couple of clicks away.
2018/01/08 03:26:40
bitflipper
I liked Mixcraft a lot. Intuitive and well laid-out, and includes some usable VIs. Unfortunately, its inability to edit multiple tracks in the PRV was a showstopper for me. Samplitude was my second choice. Much of its appeal is that, as noted by Ed above, it does feel a lot like SONAR 8.5 (if 8.5 had had ARA). There are also a lot of helpful tutorial videos thanks to superuser Kraznet.

2018/01/08 03:57:44
cclarry
The deal on Samplitude simply can't be beat.
I think Mixcraft is a worthy and capable DAW,
but lacking some features and costs $99 on
the crossgrade from Sonar.  Samplitude Suite, Soundforge,
and Spectral Layers is $149, and it has a VAST pool
of features all by itself.  Throw in Soundforge 11 Pro 
(which normally sells for $399) and Spectral Layers Pro
(which ALSO sells for the same price normally) and this
offer is WAY to good to pass on IMO.

It's kinda different in working, and you can't dock the mixer (yet)
(make the keyboard shortcut "M" your friend )
but all in all, Samplitude is a tremendous DAW.  All the other goodies
are just icing on the cake (not walk) (see what I did there?)
2018/01/08 09:09:58
35mm
I bought Studio One, then when the Magix deal came along I bought that just for SpectralLayers, but I installed Samplitude to try it out and now it's become my main DAW of choice. I wasn't all that impressed with Mixcraft TBH.
2018/01/08 12:24:35
igiwigi
Cubase Is the sensible way to go !!

Mixcraft is great for VST 's and waves only.
For midi and keyboard communication,It lacks SYS EX
2018/01/08 12:30:12
Sidroe
Almost picked up a version of Mixcraft. Decided to go with Samplitude deal. I had a version of Samplitude around version 3 or so. Cakewalk Pro 9 caught my eye and I have been a diehard Cake user since. I tried the free version of Studio One. The midi features just don't cut it for my workflow. It just was not familiar-feeling enough, although, I may invest in it later. Even with having to learn some new tricks, Samplitude feels very close to what I am use to. I will continue to use Splat until it rolls over but I am very satisfied with Samplitude right now.
2018/01/08 13:24:22
dcumpian
jude77
...for instance I can't seem to turn off quantize: does it turn off?

In the toolbars of the Tracks (Arrange) view, and in the PRV (Editor), there are buttons to turn on/off Input Quantize (IQ) and Auto Quantize (AQ), as well as snap quantize settings. It's all there...

Regards,
Dan

2018/01/08 13:48:18
mcdoma2000
I've had issues with Mixcraft not releasing the ASIO drivers when I end it. I've had to do a reboot in order to use a different DAW, as I'm still trying to determine what I'll use long term. Pretty frustrating...
2018/01/08 14:40:22
S.L.I.P.
I'm really enjoying Samplitude. It is rock solid. Kraznet's videos have been a great way to learn the program, really fast. I wish they had a plugin manager. A user wrote one, but I have not tried it. The object editor is an amazing tool. If you have a lot of CPU intensive effects on many different objects, the CPU isn't used until the object plays, so you can really do a lot of interesting things. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account