• Software
  • Anyone Using Studio One Remote on iPad with Windows 10?
2018/01/22 07:34:49
soens
Using an iPad mini 2 but for some reason it won't see Studio One. I've tried all the hacks mentioned on the Studio One forum but nothing works here.

Alienware 17 r3
i7 Intel
Killer Wireless
Windows 10 1709

iPad mini 2
OS 11

EDIT:
Everything's on the same home WiFi Netgear 2.5/5GHz
2018/01/22 11:24:13
pwalpwal
make sure you're on the same network subnet/access point, that caught me out...
2018/01/22 11:25:00
pwalpwal
(post disappeared) make sure you're on the same subnet...

2018/01/22 11:49:59
LLyons
Yes. Had 2 problems.

First one was an interface issue. I have a Motu - there is a note on the Presonus answer area - the interface was blocking information being sent from my air 2. You may want to check to see if your interface exhibits the same behavior.

The second was a picnic (problem in chair, not in computer). I have a wireless router connected to my CS and RM unit. My PC is also connected to a wireless home router for the internet. I was trying to connect the iPad to the CS RM unit... no dice. Connected to the home router and it worked.
2018/01/22 12:37:22
mettelus
That feature takes a LOT longer to synch up for me than I would ever have thought, like up to a minute at times. I was fiddling with it one day, then blew it off and it synched up.
2018/01/22 16:04:19
CakeAlexSHere
Instant on my android. Perhaps it is port scanning to connect and there are loads of blocked ports?

Normally firewalls are the issue regardless (or not on LAN).
2018/01/22 17:50:35
pwalpwal
i didn't know they released an android version, better take a look, although i only have phones that are android... having said that, i don't have any issues with the ios version, once i'd figured out the subnet thing (same is true of the steam link device, btw, fwiw)
2018/01/22 18:54:26
pwalpwal
it's tiny!
2018/01/22 19:01:46
Jeff Evans
The Windows version of the remote app is in your Presonus account. Make sure you are looking at Windows versions of the program though otherwise it won't show up. i.e. if you are looking at the MAC OS systems versions.  

It's under My Products/Software/Studio One 3 Professional/View More Details/Installers

Make sure you select Other Systems here if you are looking at Mac installers. 

I have Studio One installed on an iMac as well as my studio Win7 machine.  I run the remote app on an iPad as well and it finds either install perfectly.  It is a very handy app actually.
2018/01/22 19:27:08
Woodyoflop
I use my surface pro as a remote sometimes and 2 android tablets laying around for when I’m walking around the studio. I had an issue at first with ports and firewall. I went thru and basically opened my entire connection and disabled firewall. Has worked flawlessly since.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account