• Software
  • Anyone Using Studio One Remote on iPad with Windows 10? (p.2)
2018/01/22 20:22:14
CakeAlexSHere
Woodyoflop
I use my surface pro as a remote sometimes and 2 android tablets laying around for when I’m walking around the studio. I had an issue at first with ports and firewall. I went thru and basically opened my entire connection and disabled firewall. Has worked flawlessly since.

Really really bad idea to completely disable your FireWire btw, you should just let through the ports it needs. Hope it's nowhere near the internet/WiFi is off.
2018/01/22 21:52:27
BassDaddy
CakeAlexSHere
Instant on my android. Perhaps it is port scanning to connect and there are loads of blocked ports?

Normally firewalls are the issue regardless (or not on LAN).

What exact Android to you have?
2018/01/23 00:08:10
soens
Seems a lot of people are having this issue with no solution. I've never gotten any kind of remote app to work, so the joke's on me I guess.
2018/01/23 01:01:56
Jeff Evans
One place to check in Studio One itself is:

Settings/Network.

Check: Allow remote app to discover this DAW.

Sorry if this is obvious. 

The computer must obviously have WiFi on. Try disabling the virus checker. Check your firewall is not blocking this also. iPad obviously should have its wi fi on. All being well as soon as you boot up the remote app you should see your    Studio One there and the computer it is on etc..

2018/01/23 01:07:12
CakeAlexSHere
CakeAlexSHere
Instant on my android.

BassDaddy
What exact Android to you have?

Latest. I've also have it working on previous Android version. It won't install from the play store if not compatible.
2018/01/23 02:40:41
soens
Done all that. It simply doesnt work here. There may be one little thing Im missing but I have no clue what.

Seems fishy why it works w/o a hitch for some, with a few tweeks for others, and not at all for me.

The windows version works but useless without a windows mobile or 3rd touch screen

I will try the android app next.
2018/01/23 08:30:56
pwalpwal
working here on both iOS iPad Air and Android 8 on a Sony XZ connecting to a win10 laptop, the laptop is wired into the hub
2018/01/23 11:52:31
soens
All my devices are hooked wirelessly. Android app doesn't work either.

Maybe a step by step set-up might help. The app instructions leave out any detailed stops hindering progress.

One thing the SO forums say is port 47809 must be open. How do I check that?
2018/01/23 15:49:56
BassDaddy
What brand and model are people using? I was going to get and Android tablet anyway so if I can see what people are getting the app to work on that would be great.
2018/01/23 17:20:28
WallyG
FWIW, I have SO Remote working on an iPad 3 and an iPad Pro. Just downloaded the apps turned them on and it worked the first time using Win 10. My Play Pen computer has wi-fi, but the Internet is disabled.

In the past I've tried remote apps with Sonar and could never get them to work right. The Studio One app is a perfect extension of  SO and I have the Pro mounted on my mike stand, so I can control everything, well, remotely...

Walt
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account