2018/01/24 02:22:42
StuH
Just updating my iZotope stuff and noticed new versions of Ozone and Neutron are available and that I am able to upgrade for 99 bucks a piece.

Any reason why I should to do the upgrade from Ozone 7 to Ozone 8?
Any reason to upgrade from Neutron to Neutron 2?

Thanks

2018/01/24 03:02:50
noynekker
Ozone 8 now has a Master Assistant, which I've found to be a great shortcut to getting tracks to a basic master position before getting into serious tweaking (if needed)

Spectral Shaper module was added, and is very useful for smoothing out some of the harsh frequencies in a mix in the 2K to 8K range.

It will automatically find a loudness level (LUFS) for your mix.

The interface has better contrast, especially the metering . . . I found Ozone 7 meters to be too dim for my liking.

Whether you do a lot of headphone mixing, or maybe long hours of listening to speakers . . . the new Tonal Balance Control is amazing to help carve a mix to a proper balance by visually showing where attention should be focused.
Ya, it's also a visual aid for tired ears, I'll take all the help I can get to get it done. I really think iZotope hit it out of the park with this one, and hope they develop it even further. Tonal Balance Control is the single most useful audio mixing / mastering aid I've seen in years.

No, I don't work for iZotope, I just really think we should support them.
2018/01/24 11:53:47
mettelus
Definitely pick something you are familiar with to try out the demo before buying. Only you can determine what suits you, but you want to jump into the demo with a project you know well, and target the "new features" so you can use your time best.

In addition to the above, N2 adds tone balance control (advanced version), which some find nice, but the one I have found incredibly useful it the visual mixer (both in standard and advanced). What that does is taps into the tracks gain and pan knobs, and also includes a lightweight VST "tap" so you do not need the full Neutron 2 on each track. From there you can adjust gain, pan, and stereo width for each track visually, which is incredibly quick as it can be done from only one N2 instance (pick and choose which other tracks to include, but need the track tap for others without any N2 on them).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account