2009/03/21 15:46:16
Internalized Sun
Hi everyone,

I finally got around to trying out the Dimension Pro...
I have the Dimension Pro (1.2) that came with Sonar 8 Producer Edition (Dual Layer DVD) - all default locations and I have all the latest updates (Sonar PE 8.3.1 and Content Revision B now) and... yes I did try several re-installs with no luck - no installation errors.

I have found that many multisamples will not load, and it seems to be because of the programs are pointing at the wrong folders (cause I can find the sfz and rx2 files)
When loading the Elements->Rhodes V2 xf I get the following dialog (of course it would not find the sfz in C:\Dimension\Multisamples - that's not the default location):
---------------------------
C:\Dimension\Multisamples\12 - Electric Pianos\Rhodes mk2 2Vxf 4th.sfz
Multisample Not Found
OK

When trying the Expansion Pack 2 I find that ALL of the Grooves are NOT working (notice there's no path prefixed - not even a relative path?!):
Multisample Not Found
Db_155_K01_Lp03.rx2
OK

Help anyone? (especially Cake if this is an error in the .prog files - they should be easy to re-distribute)...

Sincerely,
Dennis P

[edit for user error while screwing up the registry trying to solve - registry restored the above still applies]

[edit: SOLVED - download REX Shared Library.dll from Propellerheads site for REX support in Dimension Pro]

Rock on dudes!
2009/03/21 17:46:46
DaveClark
Hi Dennis,

Based on your description and the fact that the error message refers to "Dimension," I am curious if you have P5, the version which had Dimension in it some years ago. If so, there may be some posts in the P5 forum or elsewhere here that describe how to get these two (Dim and DimPro) to work together. I believe some folks combined all the content into one folder, then pointed to that one, but I'm not sure about that. A similar thing happened with DimLE versus DimPro. b rock or someone else more knowledgeable about this may come along and post. I just thought I would mention this for you to search for.

Regards,
Dave Clark

2009/03/22 07:27:19
Internalized Sun
No P5 here - no DimLE either...

I do believe that the .prog files have been "programmed" wrong on the distribution DVD that came with Sonar PE 8, but the .prog files are binary so I cannot easily correct them (unless there is a way from inside DimPro...

Thank you for your suggestions though!!

/Dennis P
2009/03/22 16:32:36
kwgm
It's easy enough to fix your Program files if you have the audio file.

Your first file, C:\Dimension\Multisamples\12 - Electric Pianos\Rhodes mk2 2Vxf 4th.sfz , is misspelled. The actual file name is "Rhodes mk2 2v 4th xf .sfz"

So, in DimPro, navigate to the element in question, click the sample name box to get the File Open dialog, and choose the correct file.

As for the grooves, look in the folder 72 - Rex Drum Loops, and then navigate to the subfolder Drum n Bass Breaks. Your rex files should be in there.

How did I know this? I used the Window's Search on the Multisamples folder.

2009/03/31 12:39:20
Internalized Sun
Hi Kurt,

Thank you for the input on how to fix the programs...
The Rhodes thing was an easy fix... however the Grooves (rx2 files) does not seem to work.

I used the same method - that is clicked the sample text area and the Open dialog appears.
Navigated to the rx2 files and selected the rx2 file - nothing happens - it does not load... so they seem to not work for some reason or I am using the wrong approach.

Any advice?
Dennis P
2009/03/31 17:50:53
kwgm
Sorry, don't know -- never have used these "groove" files.

Perhaps you really don't have valid rex files? -- you'll have to use Windows and go see what's what.
2009/04/01 23:46:59
DaveClark
Hi Dennis,

It still appears that your registry is messed up somehow. I was able to duplicate your RX2 problem by simply changing the value of the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro

(On edit --- previously had key instead of values below --- sorry!)

"Multisamples Folder"

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

to:

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension

which is wrong for my installation. Earlier I had speculated that this was due to another installation you had made previously, but you said that you had no P5 nor Dimension. Did you ever do a demo?

After creating this erroneous key from the correct one, I could load RX2 from the file icon or button, but not by clicking into the element load area directly. I could even navigate with the internal DPro file browser, and this made it appear as though DPro knew where things were --- but it didn't. With Windows navigation (the file icon or file button), everything could be found and loaded.

Changing it back caused it to all work again. Again, it really does appear as though your registry and DPro don't agree on where things are and that this somehow occurred due to some earlier event.

Regards,
Dave Clark

2009/04/02 00:39:56
dwcaldwell
Check and see what the "Multisamples Folder" value is set to in the registry key that Dave mentioned.

I didn't see what operating system you are using. The registry key will be different in a 64bit OS than it is in a 32bit OS. If you can't find it, try searching the registry from the root for "Multisamples Folder".
2009/04/02 01:29:54
Internalized Sun
Hi guys,

I'm on Vista Home Premium 32bit - sorry about that

I have not run any previous installations of Dim Pro (I had Sonar 6 PE and jumped to Sonar 8 PE) - no demoes or anything...

Dimension Pro.dll has version 1.2.0.214 (came with Sonar 8 PE)
Its size is 1.843.200 bytes

I have tried different registry settings, all of them within this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Dimension Pro

My settings that makes most of it work are (without the quotes):
"Contents Folder": "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\"
"Multisamples folder": "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\"

I have tried without the last back slash but it seems that Dim Pro handles that itself so no difference there. And Sonar WIKI also says they should be like this...

BUT I am running on a Danish version of Vista (OEM) and it has some strange translations of the system folders that may or may not work completely flawless...

Eg. When looking in the address bar I see this path:
Boot (C) - Programmer - Cakewalk - Dimension Pro

When I click this address it translates correctly to:
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

I'm thinking that this is normal and part of the new translation routine from Microsoft

Any help is appreciated!
Dennis P
2009/04/02 06:05:49
DaveClark
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for more information.

I corrected my post above in which I put the key name instead of the values for some reason ??? --- sorry about that.

I do NOT have the trailing slash for *either* Contents or Multisamples. Did you try no slash for *BOTH* of the values, or just for Contents?

------------------

I've heard some scary things about character translations; hopefully that's not it, or it could be difficult to fix.

Regards,
Dave Clark

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account