2009/04/03 08:26:35
Internalized Sun
Hi Dave,

I completely agree with your statement - it seems that the version of Dimesion Pro that comes with Sonar 8 PE just wasn't finalized the way a commercial product is expected to be (or that I at least would expect it to be - and whats with the programs out of tune - that's just sloppy - even the choirs (of males and females that are right next to each other) are almost half a note off - yes I did try to go 44.1Hz 16 bit with no luck

I still have the issue with the Rhodes thingy though - even though I can now pick the correct sfz file, it seems that when I save the program it never gets updated, so I have to do this every time I want to use that sound (even within the same Sonar project).... Not that it sounds that great, but it is kind of silly...

The funny thing about that one is that the program folder called Elements is empty?! So I wonder how Dimension Pro knows what programs should be in that folder...

Hmmm....

The Rex player from Sonar 6? Nope never used it - I'm really not that much into loops as I always end up playing everything my self ...

But I am digging into it as it could be a time saver when skecthing new songs

Sincerely,
Dennis P
2009/04/03 19:13:06
DaveClark
Hi Dennis,

There are two Elements folders, one under "Dimension Pro" the other under "Dimension Pro\Programs"

Are both empty?

Both of mine have 26 files in there with extension .elem, and they're binary. I can PM you a list if you want.

Under "Dimension Pro" there is a file sfzlog.txt which may help under certain circumstances, but you may have seen that already.

Have you searched for a .prog on the disk? Just curious if it's being stored somewhere else other than "/dev/null".

Regards,
Dave Clark

2009/04/04 08:37:49
Internalized Sun
Stupid me...
There ARE 26 files in the ...\Dimension Pro\Programs\Elements but none in the ...\Dimension Pro\Elements

But it does not change the fact that I cannot save the program (or element since these are *.elem files?!)

I search the entire computer (all drives) for sfzlog.txt and only found 1 copy of it together with an old backup of Session Drummer 2 - none with Dimension Pro or any others.... not even anything else that resembles some sort of log file for this...

"/dev/null"... ha ha - you're a nerd (whoops I guess so am I )
2009/04/04 17:07:31
DaveClark
Hi Dennis,

I just noticed that you are running Vista-32. I don't have but a few months experience with it, but I know that permissions are somewhat of a "problem," although it wouldn't have been if Microsoft had done the proper thing long ago ... Anyway, I'm wondering, particularly with the translation, if all this stuff is a result of permissions somehow. I would think it would have been more obvious, but with the translations, I suppose something weird like this with no notification could happen. Just a thought.

That log file should be in Dimension Pro. Although the extension is .txt, the one on this machine is actually binary. I have seen ASCII ones, though. I find that it is not overwritten on successful loads, however.

Best regards,
Dave Clark

2010/05/03 22:54:03
TStranger
Hey Guys,

Glad I am not the only one who has come upon this.  There are several Grooves in the Expansion Kits 1 - 10 for Dimension Pro, which are either only partially functional, or cannot find the .rx2 file necessary to support the program.  I am getting the "unable to find Multispample ________ .rx2" warning window when I try to load a Groove program in the Dimension Pro Explorer window.

However, I am finding it harder to solve this than simply downloading and installing the Propellerhead application http://www.propellerheads.se/download/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=rexsharedlibrary

I have downloaded this and run the application, and have a REX Loops directory on my hard drive.  But not dice

Can you help me out when you get a second on this one?
I am running Windows 7 64 bit and the 64 bit version of Sonar 8.5 Producer with the Dimension Pro bundle.  I have all 10 Instrument DSF Kits  (perhaps the REX Loops are only 32 bit Sonar compatible???).

Thanks
TS
2010/05/04 13:36:33
Internalized Sun
Hello stranger!

Your suspicion is correct - Propellerhead have not yet made a 64 bit compatible REX library - so no x64 Sonar yet - or maybe never... I would suspect that IF they do an x64 version it will be an upgraded version, which means loosing backwards compatibility - but I'm SURE that what ever version of Sonar that will be out afterwards will support it.

Sorry - but it's only possible to use the REX files with Sonar x86 and Dimension Pro x86.

/Peace out
Dennis P
2015/02/04 15:52:16
hevanw
I know this is a ridiculous bump, but basically am adding some info, if only to find it back myself later when googling for this problem again :).
I Basically had the same problem wrt the Grooves in Expansion Pack 2 in Sonar X1. The PropellerHeads fix did not work for me (Windows 8 64b). However, I soon found out that the problem only exists in the Host application for Dim Pro and when hosted in Sonar itself, there was no issue. Looked into the Sonar executable directory and immediately found the REX Shared Library.dll file. The fix was then trivial: just copy this dll over into the Vstplugins/Dimension Pro folder.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account