• Software
  • Kontakt 5.7.3 update is causing instability for me
2017/12/23 17:31:23
Amicus717
Since I updated to the latest patch, I've had fairly regular occurrences of Kontakt crashing. The playback will halt due to an audio dropout, and then a message will pop up from Kontakt that it has crashed and needs to be restarted. It doesn't crash completely, in that after I clear the audio dropout and restart playback, any of the already-loaded Kontakt patches will still be functional and will play, but I will no longer be able to make changes to any of the Kontakt instances in the project, as the UI will no longer respond. Once I close and reload the project, all is fine again... 

Prior to the recent patch, Kontakt was rock stable and I had no problems on my system. Anyone else experiencing this behaviour?...

2017/12/30 09:26:45
Sinclairgsport
Yes, this update has ruined my installation, Kontakt is far too complicated for Mr average, most users only need 10% of it.
Each time there is an update there are problems listed all over google, mainly caused by too many conflicts with operating system.

This update did not replace some old dll files , I had to reinstall every plug in , library etc until I did a file system check on dll and discovered all old files and therefore deleted them.
 My instability now occurs with audio , so I had to find ways to compensate for changed quality etc, and before anybody asks I have perfect audio set up, drivers, equipment. Other programmes like UVI, Pianoteq, Proteus work perfectly and are far less complicated in their editing.

2018/01/05 23:57:46
JohnKenn
Just another voice to add to the experience.
Kontakt 5.7.3 update went through well without problems, but fail to see any benefit so far.
As bugged and crash prone as before. Damnable bug about the save preset window hidden behind the GUI still alive in full glory. If you change anything in a preset and try to load another instrument, good luck. Condolences and workarounds have been advised for years.
Update was supposed to accelerate the load time if you have many libraries. I calculate no difference. You wait with fingers crossed to see if it is a crash or extreme time to load.
I do see now that the Hollow Sun multis freeze the program solid. Don't know where this benefit was introduced.
Paranoia about Kontakt seems to be that release of third party libraries is so much depending on which version you have, and this problem is not consistent. Anyone playing with Kontakt is all too familiar with the fail to load a library because it was created in a newer version of Kontakt, even if you have the latest version installed.

Still love Kontakt. Only wish they would get serious and fix a few of the major plagues associated with it.

John
2018/01/06 03:22:32
Sinclairgsport
To John, the fail to load message caused me days of pain, reinstalling plug ins, daw etc and didn't solve it. But!!!, voila, I did a file explorer check on all DLL files and discovered lots of old DLL files not deleted by updates, I deleted every old DLL and then made my daw point to the latest one and all my files loaded, I was chuffed. Good luck.
2018/01/06 19:11:41
JohnKenn
Thanks Sinclair,
This makes sense. Kontakt leaves so much garbage behind and a lot of the problems I'm experiencing are new over the last year or so after the updates. Off to do some house cleaning.
John
2018/01/09 20:30:02
jude77
Sinclairgsport
To John, the fail to load message caused me days of pain, reinstalling plug ins, daw etc and didn't solve it. But!!!, voila, I did a file explorer check on all DLL files and discovered lots of old DLL files not deleted by updates, I deleted every old DLL and then made my daw point to the latest one and all my files loaded, I was chuffed. Good luck.

Could you explain. step by step, how you did that?  I would really appreciate it.
2018/01/09 20:50:07
CakeAlexSHere
If you look at previous release note versions often it is recommend to reset and rescan the library within Kontakt when updating to certain versions.

https://support.native-in...atabase-reset-and-scan

This should clear a lot of problems

Otherwise uninstall and reinstall Kontakt, in the middle of this you could run the NI registry cleanup utility somewhere (Google for it).
2018/01/10 00:20:45
Rbh
NI Kontakt has always acted like a cluster for me. I have a fully updated WIN7 64 system and I can't even update Kontakt to V 5.6 because of the silliness of needing a new graphics board so that NI Access looks pretty. The Old service center won't get past a failed update response. They lost my business a while back. Half of my Complete 9 instruments are waiting for updates but I'm not playing the game of chasing new hardware to get basic functions of their software to work. Too much CrapWare from N.I. over the past 5 years or so.
2018/01/10 00:42:32
CakeAlexSHere
Rbh
NI Kontakt has always acted like a cluster for me. I have a fully updated WIN7 64 system and I can't even update Kontakt to V 5.6 because of the silliness of needing a new graphics board so that NI Access looks pretty.

You are saying your display adapter (make/model?) is not compatible with Native Access and Kontakt?

Care to expand on the details? It doesn't make sense to me right now.

From what I've seen often display issues has been Windows scaling not at 100% or not on the latest display drivers (if nVidia you need to go to the Nvidia site to update).

You need OpenGL 2.1
2018/01/10 08:18:51
Sinclairgsport
Jude 77, are you asking me about the dll files?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account