2018/01/18 16:35:32
pwalpwal
has anyone been trying out the beta? the upgrade offer is about to expire and i'm really not sure if i'm going to or not...
i understand that max is now integrated(?) and i know there's no vst3 support(?) but what else is new compared to v9? is there a comparison chart somewhere?
thanks for any tips!
2018/01/18 17:02:08
pwalpwal
no personal anecdotes to share? what's the best new thing?
2018/01/18 17:44:39
CakeAlexSHere
Not really I'm not an Ableton expert by a long way.. sorry.
2018/01/19 00:47:04
kitekrazy1
I just can't get past my dislike for the $200+ upgrade price for use Suite users. Cubase crossgrade was less.  Samplitude license and Reason 10 upgrade is less. I'll be sitting on 9 Suite for some time unless I  get a good deal from a vendor.  FL Studio 20 will be out soon and that wont cost me a thing.
 As for Max4Live the only value in that is getting devices made for it.  Most likely you wouldn't spend your time learning to create with it.
  That would be my most expensive DAW upgrade ever unless I upgraded to Cubase without a discount.
2018/01/19 14:02:31
Michael A.D.
I agree with kitekrazy... I am not going to spend $200 to upgrade my Suite 9...  that's way overpriced.

I rarely touch Live anymore since I discovered Reaper (which BTW has a great $29 add-on that emulates much of Live's session view).

And considering that there really doesn't seem to be much of anything new in Live 10... who cares if Max4Live is built-in?   That's not worth $200.

So I think I will wait till Live 11 hits and see if that has anything of interest.

2018/01/19 14:51:40
CakeAlexSHere
Luckily my Focusrite interface came with a stripped down version that I could update for reasonable value. Ableton do free feature updates over the version lifecycle don't they? If so what were version 9's like?
2018/01/19 17:20:17
pwalpwal
haha you spotted my gas digging for reasons to buy! i'm also of the "200??" camp, and i'd also have to do some hard disk management to take full advantage of the full library, although i expect there's some overlap with v9 lib?
2018/01/19 20:20:27
Starise
It appears that Live 10 comes with a few more instruments and effects. I qualified for a free move to Live 10 standard since I recently bought live 9. If Max comes with standard that's a real plus. I recently seena cool composer program that needed Max to run.
I see no need to upgrade to suite since I have some decent effects and instruments from 3rd parties. 10 has upgraded midi editing capability. Something many will welcome. If set up correctly you can likely use the instruments/effects areas much like the Pro Channel in Sonar in combining the factory content with your own plugins.

Probably my biggest gripe so far has been integration with the QuNEO controller. The templates software can't find the right file tree when using the Keith McMillin installer. I can't find it manually so I have to create my own. Ableton never included the QuNEO in their controller list. I had hopes maybe version 10 includes it. Presently to use OuNEO you need to make a work around unless you like the factory defaults.My 5 year old Oxygen V2 works great in Ableton though.
2018/01/19 20:21:19
backwoods
max doesn't copme with standard only suite if I understand-- it's fully integrated now too!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account