2015/01/23 09:18:56
chad
Hey Paul,

I did also want to mention yesterday that what you are doing by going through all of the forum is pretty amazing!  Highly commendable and most likely super rewarding for all of the tips and tricks threads that you'll be able to digest.  There are so many music tools today, its really easy to get overwhelmed.  The best thing anyone can do is sit down with a couple of tools and learn them inside and out.  

I've been wanting to go back through and bookmark all of the René + brock tips and tricks threads.  These could really be useful for any Cakewalk Synth user.  I've used the forum search to find many of these, but I know I'm still missing some. 

Good luck with the rest of your Cakewalk Synth Mastery!
Chad
2015/01/23 10:01:22
Paul P

Thanks Chad,

I plan on creating an index to all the interesting things I've come across.  Overall, at least in the three years I've done so far, there are really few posts that aren't interesting.  I have jumped over the threads that dealt with specific issues, installation problems, etc.

When I first started this I just bookmarked the interesting threads into various categories (SFZ, the different synths, general techniques, etc.).  I then started to worry that the threads might disappear at some point (like you did !) so I started saving the actual text.  This is slower as I copy each thread into a word document.  I'm going to have to create a master list of links and some system to match them to the word documents.

The message links were changed a little while ago which means you can no longer just click on a link to a forum message that you come across say in a 2006 thread.  You have to take the message number insert it into a FindPost address, gotten through (permalink).  That part is a pain.  (maybe a job for AutoHotkey, now that I think of it)

What I'd really like is a monster download of the entire Forum contents

2015/01/26 12:22:14
Magic Russ
Paul P
czyky
(By the way, I see René has recently resurfaced.)

That's interesting.  I can't locate him anywhere except his LinkedIn page.

I remember seeing a post of his on KVR from a year ago saying he was coming back soon, but nothing since.
2015/01/27 18:22:52
b rock
Magic Russ
I remember seeing a post of his on KVR from a year ago saying he was coming back soon, but nothing since.
It'd be just like René to pop out of nowhere with a fully developed supersynth that blows everyone's doors off.

His Facebook 'likes' crack me up: 'I love ****ing science' and 'Nicole Kidman'.
But the best self-description is on his Twitter account: 'Sound Transhumanist'.
Perfect.  More like Posthumanist.  I miss that guy.
2015/01/28 10:34:25
chad
b rock
Magic Russ
It'd be just like René to pop out of nowhere with a fully developed supersynth that blows everyone's doors off.

I could use one that can blow the snow out the drive way about now.  ;)

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account