2015/01/10 21:03:00
pentimentosound
I had no trouble installing the Andy Johns kits in SD3 nor Dimension Pro. The samples are on my F Library drive. However, as I try to install the Rock Legends Kits 1, 2, and 3 in Dimension Pro (all 3 easily installed in SD3), I get this error

dwRet = 2   and the install has to quit.

Does anyone know why or what to do? I emailed support at PS, but it's Saturday night and I'd like to get these "in" and move on to all the other stuff I have/want to install on my new 4790k studio desktop.

I need to know the path(s) for them for both Dimension Pro and SD3. This is not clear to me. Some of the kits in SD3 are in my Cakewalk folder F:\Cakewalk\    where Kits, Patterns and Programs folders are (AJ Kit 1)and some are in F:\Cakewalk\Session Drummer 3\Multisamples\   where there are also Kits, Patterns and Programs folders. In that Programs folder is Acoustic, which has Rock Legends Kits 1 and 2 (full and light).

Thanks for any help!
Michael

**** see post #18 for the solution
2015/01/10 21:22:57
jih64
For me the Andy Johns and Rock legends for DimPro are located in
C:\Program Data\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\Platinum Samples
and
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Platinum Samples

I'll have a check to see about SD3

For SD3 C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Session Drummer 3\Contents\Kits
and then the kick is in the kick folder, snare in the snare etc etc, and the .prog files are in
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Session Drummer 3\Contents\Programs\Acoustic
2015/01/10 21:31:22
pentimentosound
Thanks Jeff

Fair dinkum, all my applications are in C, but the samples, I wanted (and am trying to get them all) in my F Library drive. Andy Johns shows up in Dim Pro. All SD3 Legends Kits and AJ Kit 1 are installed, as is the AJ Dim Pro Kit 1. I am surprised that they are not in the same folder, but I certainly could have not done something right! LOL

Michael
2015/01/10 21:37:12
jih64
I just added a bit more up there ^^

Your welcome, if I can track anything else down just give a yell, I won't be too far away
2015/01/11 12:33:10
pentimentosound
I wish there was FAQ describing what the paths would/should be for Dimension Pro, especially if you want all the samples elsewhere. I've been installing my DSF volumes 1-14 and there is no option to send them to my library drive. So next I'll need to learn the best way to move them and point DimPro at them.

Michael
2015/01/12 10:31:36
DeeringAmps
Michael,
Here is what I got when I installed PS Rock Legends Kit 3

WTF? the same path twice?

So I changed it to "Multisamples" because that's where I wanted it...
HOWEVER

This is what I get when I try to load it. It hangs when I reach 2.5gb of memory

WHAT??? Does Sonar "max out" at 2.5 gigs in the 32 bit environment?
Anyway...
DimPro should let you "select" where you want your samples.
After that, expansion installers "should" find the right path, or at least let you direct it to the
correct location.
Craig Anderton's EB5 Bass is a "drag and drop" install.
I threw the .prog files into DP's folder (this is in Program Data\Cakewalk\Diminsion Pro\Programs
and the sfz and wave folder into the Multisamples folder,
and all is well.
Wish I could be of more help, and I do agree a "white" paper on VSTi management would be most usefull.
<rant>
IIHO any VSTi that requires 1kb of .wav or .flac etc. MUST allow (help would be nice!) to install it
to the "Sample" drive.
</rant>
If DimPro is NOT looking for its samples on your F (is that right?) drive, I would un-install and then
re-install being VERY careful when prompted for where to put things.

T
2015/01/12 10:45:08
pentimentosound
LOL regarding the rants! I feel like that a lot lately. Thanks so much Tom, the heads up about the sample size hanging up is deflating but good to know.

White Papers please CW! My IK ST3 installs were a breeze. I suppose CW's are if you put it all where they decide it should be. How dull.

RE re-installing. I might and will see if Platinum Samples responds to my email and I suppose more folks will too. So I imagine I'll be learning a lot! I didn't use the "other", but don't know how I changed the 2nd option. Hmmm, I'll go back to it and see.
Michael
2015/01/12 10:51:25
DeeringAmps
I'll try to get out to the studio today and see if PS is working correctly in the 64 bit environment.
I'm pretty much "married" to EZD and Superior, so I've maybe never pulled PS up in DimPro
Or Session Drummer.
T
2015/01/12 13:31:34
pentimentosound
I was "married" to my Groove Agent2 and have yet to decide which way to "drum". I have AD2, 4 extra PS kits for SD3, BFD ECO, DV Zildjian Z Pack, and BFD2, and still feel uncommitted to any of them. So, I always read the EZD2 reviews but have already spent "a bunch" with no "this is the one for me", moment.

I play this KAT3 set up at my favorite/local shop, but have no room for it, now. I am plotting the Alesis HiHat to go with my ControlPad and do my drum tracks that way, but haven't done much with it, yet. Do you use EZD 2 ?

Michael

2015/01/12 20:07:37
DeeringAmps
Update.
Platinum samples are working fine, both DimPro and Session Drummer, in X3 64bit.
Both are properly installed on the "Sample" drive.
It does push memory usage to 3.71gb in DimPro, 2.5gb or so in Session Drummer.

EZD2 is my "goto" drummer.

T
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account