• Cakewalk Instruments
  • SOLVED! Trouble installing Platinum Sample Rock Legends Kits in Dim Pro (p.2)
2015/01/12 20:19:59
pentimentosound
Any idea what error "dwRet = 2" might mean?

Because the Andy Johns Kit 1 installed nicely, into SD3 and Dim Pro, I wonder if that has some bearing on not being able to install the Rock Legends Kits.

Michael
2015/01/12 20:38:01
pentimentosound
Tom
Do you recall if you installed them to the sample drive or moved them afterwards?

Michael
2015/01/12 23:48:18
DeeringAmps
When I originally installed DimPro I choose to put the "multisamples" on the sampler drive. I'm sure Session Drummer also has a prompt asking where you want the samples to go. Maybe (and that's a big maybe) you have to select "custom install"? Rapture does NOT have a prompt asking where to put the samples, and that's ok (IIRC) there's not a huge library, until you install the DSF add on. IIRC that thing is huge. I installed Rapture (program and samples) on the sample drive. As I said earlier if a VSTi requires even 1kb of samples, it should put them on the sample drive. Hope you get it sorted.
T
2015/01/13 08:51:33
pentimentosound
Thanks Tom. I am and am patient, too. I intend to learn and get the hang of this. I see it as an opportunity.

Michael
2015/01/15 20:37:35
pentimentosound
So, I uninstalled the Andy Johns Kit from Dimension Pro and tried to install a Rock Legends Kit, but no joy.
I get the error dwRet = 2      when I close that window the installer window says "No Path to Dimension Pro found. Do you have Dimension Pro installed?" (yup).

I suppose I could uninstall Dimension Pro and start over, but I do have all my 15+ volumes for it installed on my
library drive.
Hmmm
Michael
2015/01/15 20:45:52
scook
Have you contacted platinum support?

Are you still using registry hacks to relocate the samples?

You should not need to reinstall anything other than the packages you are having trouble with.
2015/01/16 20:00:54
pentimentosound
I did contact Platinum, though I have not heard back yet.
I did not use registry at all. I simply browsed to find my (pre created) folder on my library drive. Since the
Andy Johns Kit 1 showed up in Dim Pro, I assumed that installing the Rock Legends Kits would be as easy.

from my previous post
"I get the error dwRet = 2      when I close that window the installer window says "No Path to Dimension Pro found. Do you have Dimension Pro installed?" 
I have lots of stuff to do, so I guess I'm waiting for PS to respond, though it occurred to me that a CW tech might have more of a clue/sense of what to do/why it shows up like that.

Michael

2015/01/31 18:54:03
pentimentosound
Apparently, I had not (though I thought that I had), so I sent an email to Platinum Samples.

Rail emailed me back and told me to re-download the Dim Pro Installers for the Rock Legends Kits, as he had updated the installers.
I did, he did, they did, etc      Everything went "swimmingly". LOL
All my Platinum Samples kits are showing up, where I want them (my F Library drive) and working in Session Drummer (no problem there anyway) and Dimension Pro. Case solved.
Thanks to Rail!
Michael

2015/01/31 19:37:10
pentimentosound
Say, I've never done this but is there a way to mark the title of this thread as SOLVED?
Michael
2015/01/31 21:01:30
scook
Yes, edit the initial post and modify the subject
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account