2015/09/09 21:38:19
VanessaJ
The device/controller presets I got when I first installed X2 a couple of years back are all the same (as of Sept 2015 - Sonar Platinum). A lot of new devices & controllers have hit the market since then and some older ones have become antiquated by newer features.

The Cakewalk generic controller is mostly functional with various devices, but it is a very time-consuming and often frustrating experience. Greater, better integration with newer midi devices would go a long way to capturing more of the competitive DAW market, in my opinion, and would definitely be a gratifying upgrade for current users.
2015/09/10 14:33:34
wally gates
I was just now looking for controller info for my atruria 61 if you know where I can find this infr or preset please let me know.
2015/09/10 20:33:44
azslow3
VanessaJ
The Cakewalk generic controller is mostly functional with various devices, but it is a very time-consuming and often frustrating experience.

Configure Generic Surface takes: ~3 minutes to read the documentation (chapter 40 in Sonar Reference Guide) and ~5 seconds per control to configure. Cakewalk has to pay for each device (otherwise it is hard to configure it), and as you have mentioned, there are many. Are you ready to pay more for Sonar to save 10 minutes of your time?

Greater, better integration with newer midi devices would go a long way to capturing more of the competitive DAW market, in my opinion, and would definitely be a gratifying upgrade for current users.

That is different story. That is expensive. And as you can see from the trend, controller manufacturers do not want spend time for Sonar. It looks like both sides do not see commercial bonus from such development.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account