• Software
  • Cubase Crossgrade Extended...1/14/2018 (p.2)
2018/01/15 19:33:55
pbognar
Frank-US

Since you need the USB e-Licenser anyhow (if you don't have one already), it is smarter to purchase the box that includes that dongle. It's 15$ cheaper.
And yes, it depends on where you are located, the cross-grade might only available thru the Steinberg online shop.
The cross-grade action will end soon.

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks Frank.  For the crossgrade option, the only option is the download.  The box option is not available.
2018/01/16 08:12:44
Frank-US
pbognar
Frank-US

Since you need the USB e-Licenser anyhow (if you don't have one already), it is smarter to purchase the box that includes that dongle. It's 15$ cheaper.
And yes, it depends on where you are located, the cross-grade might only available thru the Steinberg online shop.
The cross-grade action will end soon.

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks Frank.  For the crossgrade option, the only option is the download.  The box option is not available.

Aahhh... Then you are probably located in the US. Sorry.
2018/01/16 19:20:05
SupaReels Music
For anyone that cares, Cubase 9.5 is an assume bit of kit, (been using it since Dec) but forget writing songs for a long while. Back to the drawing board I'm afraid because your flow chart is disrupted at every turn until you've got the basics sussed! I'm a Platinum kinda guy and been using that every day since purchased a few years ago… my advice for those who just write for pleasure (and there are a lot) stay with Cakewalk until really, REALLY you have to move on JMO.
2018/01/18 00:59:37
jimkleban
Well, I agree with the workflow and knowledge base of SPLAT is ingrained in long time users.  This reminds me of using LOTUS 123 for a decade and then having to use EXCEL.... close but no cigar.  Years later, I still never got EXCEL to the same point as with my working knowledge of EXCEL.

So, just by 2 cents.  I have thoroughly checked out alternatives to SPLAT. I worked in Pro Tools and Studio One to try and do a project.  Neither had the MIDI editing tools I use and need.  So then I downloaded the DEMO to CUBASE and must say, it is different than SPLAT but had the best midi editing capability of any of the three alternatives.

So, it's off to CUBASE world for me.  It will be painful, for I wind up checking the manual for almost everything I need to do on a project.  It is a slow go but persistence will conquer.  I only hope that it doesn't take a decade to gain the same level of competence I had with SPLAT.  

PS - just routing input/outputs to my APOLLO was a challenge (it is a two step process).
2018/01/18 09:37:55
igiwigi
CakeAlexSHere
aries
Price yesterday and a beginning of this offer, for crossgrade £231.
Today price has gone up to £291.
Why has price changed mid offer?.

Absolute music UK are still doing it for £249
I grabbed It quick and If you buy the Complete guide to Music technology using Cubase 9 ,you will be home and dry. £27 on Amazon.

Brexit.

2018/01/18 15:20:15
Frank-US
jimkleban

So, it's off to CUBASE world for me.  It will be painful, for I wind up checking the manual for almost everything I need to do on a project.  It is a slow go but persistence will conquer.  I only hope that it doesn't take a decade to gain the same level of competence I had with SPLAT.  

Yes, learning a new and fully fledged DAW like Cubase is not done over night. That's for sure.
Maybe you have seen this little page:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/promotion/homebase_for_sonar_users.html

And in this forum you will find support from the steinberg team as well as from sonar useres who have made the transition already
https://www.steinberg.net...d80da5fe8af2f1f82d4df9
And of course I'm here from time to time. If I can be of help, let me know.
2018/01/18 22:29:46
bwbalint
@Frank

The comparison articles are nice starts. One thing you may want to add in the MIDI comparison article is that in Cubase you can see and edit multiple tracks’ MIDI information in the same editor window. This allows side by side editing of many different instrument tracks MIDI notes. I know this was important for me and many others looking at different DAWs. That info may be in the article, but I didn’t see it. I would definitely add this if it isn’t there.
2018/01/18 22:29:46
bwbalint
Duplicate!
2018/01/19 12:19:53
Frank-US
bwbalint
@Frank

The comparison articles are nice starts. One thing you may want to add in the MIDI comparison article is that in Cubase you can see and edit multiple tracks’ MIDI information in the same editor window. This allows side by side editing of many different instrument tracks MIDI notes. I know this was important for me and many others looking at different DAWs. That info may be in the article, but I didn’t see it. I would definitely add this if it isn’t there.

Thanks for the info. Reason why it's not mentioned is probably the fact, that we couldn't imagine that this is NOT possible in Sonar. But yes, a valid point.
2018/01/19 13:13:03
JoeHans
Frank-US
bwbalint
@Frank

Thanks for the info. Reason why it's not mentioned is probably the fact, that we couldn't imagine that this is NOT possible in Sonar. But yes, a valid point.

Just to avoid confusion, Sonar can do this as well.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account