2013/12/06 14:24:46
KevWest
I don't know why it is but for some reason Rapture is just totally unstable in any DAW that is not Sonar. I do not use Sonar these days I left Sonar alone and went Live 8 in 2012 and it crashed a ton there. Now I only use Maschine 2.0 and still constant crashing. I'd like to be able to use this synth since I did pay for it after all and I cannot sell it but it is just totally unstable and has been for 2 years and I don't believe Cakewalk has any intention of fixing any of their software to make it stable. Any suggestions of things I can do to make it work? 
2013/12/06 15:35:43
dubdisciple
Since I use Sonar mostly, i don't know how stable or unstable it is outside that environment.  i will try it using Reaper and see if i have any issues.  Is there any particular action that causes crashes or does it just crash at random times?
2013/12/07 01:08:51
dubdisciple
I tried all kinds of things to crash in reaper and could not replicate
2013/12/27 13:12:40
wetdentist
i use Rapture all the time in Maschine (both 1.8 & 2.0) in x64. also, i use Rapture within Kore 2.0 inside Maschine all the time as well. no crashes for several years.  all 64 bit programs, no bridges
2014/01/05 19:34:28
Andy McNish
You have updated to the latest version haven't you?
2014/01/17 12:11:33
malcolmfhill
I think it is amazing that home music producers are still using rapture and indeed dimension pro because they are "old" software packages but they still work with my Windows 7 (64-bit) system and many of the sounds are still worth using , but I only use them in my Sonar x2 DAW.
2014/01/17 15:32:49
SubSonic
malcolmfhill
I think it is amazing that home music producers are still using rapture and indeed dimension pro because they are "old" software packages but they still work with my Windows 7 (64-bit) system and many of the sounds are still worth using , but I only use them in my Sonar x2 DAW.

I still use my DX7II and my Ensoniq EPS 16+ a lot as well (and my D50 and my K1000). When something works, it doesn't matter how old it is. But I agree, for the age of those soft synths, they still work pretty well in modern systems. They (Rapture/DimPro) probably work *better* today because of the processing power and large amounts of RAM that come standard in pre-built computers today as compared to when they were shiny and new. My computers today run SONAR X3d better than any computer I built and installed Cakewalk 3, 4 or 5 (the DOS-based MIDI sequencer from Twelve Tone Systems) on back in the day. Thank goodness for Moore's Law. lol
2014/02/12 21:33:45
DRanck
Cake 3 - now there is a memory! That was my first PC sequencer. And as far as obsolescence goes, I'm glad not everything that's just a few years old needs replacing or my wife would of gotten rid of me a long, long time ago...
2014/02/12 21:33:52
DRanck
Dupe - sorry...
Cake 3 - now there is a memory! That was my first PC sequencer. And as far as obsolescence goes, I'm glad not everything that's just a few years old needs replacing or my wife would of gotten rid of me a long, long time ago...
2015/01/23 13:37:19
pmoore
Yep, every time i use rapture with macshine or live 9 lite. Dimension pro works fine. Really irritating that it doesn't work as it should. Hope they fix it. 😡 i think it has something to do with if you installed 64 or 32 first. I uninstalled and re installed and files kept original dates. Please fix as i am a long time cakewalk user and would probably purchase more sounds for this synth, if it worked correctly with other daws.😕
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account