2015/09/08 00:10:33
brconflict
Got three things I'd not had to deal with for some time, but became re-aggrivated by tonight:

1) Export Entire Mix still does not work every time. Many times, when you export the Entire Mix, if you were working in a track or clip, etc. your export may contain ONLY that clip or track, even though you exported Entire Mix. I'm ready for Entire Mix to mean truthfully what it says, always--even if it means dropping some hidden feature there. This is a really old bug or idiosyncrasy, dating back to at least X1. I have to add in my routine, Ctrl+Shift+A to deselect any possibly selected or highlighted clips, lanes, or tracks.

2) Muting many clips with "K" shortcut. Sometimes I just want to unmute the entire take lane vs. just single clips in that lane. For example, let's say you speed-comp a track, splitting the lanes into many, many clips. Then you realize you have one lane you want to completely unmute from that Speed-comp. Yes, you can simply select the entire lane from start to finish and undo all the splits, but that works for ALL lanes, not just the lane I want to fully unmute. I have to go through an click each clip in that Lane to press K and unmute each clip. There must be a faster way I've not found yet.

3) Exporting a single track. This is do-able, but frustrating that ALL tracks are selected in the dialogue box, while the only way to deselect them is to manually de-click all the other tracks you don't want to export.

Thanks!
2015/09/08 06:09:44
icontakt
#2 - I would lock the position and data of all the clips in all the other lanes in the track (by lasso-selecting them and hitting Ctrl+K), then heal all the split clips in the lane whose clips you want to unmute. If you only want to audition the clips in that lane (both muted and unmuted clips, without unmuting the former), you can just solo the lane temporarily.
2015/09/08 15:41:27
brconflict
Will have to try the lasso. I'm not always that coordinated. Ha!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account