• Software
  • Samplitude - my experiences so far (p.3)
2017/12/10 12:01:13
35mm
It can't kill your asio driver. It doesn't touch it. It installs its own asio driver, but that won't mess with yours. Your software might choose to use it instead. Sonar didn't do that on my system.
2017/12/10 12:39:05
mkerl
35mm
It can't kill your asio driver. It doesn't touch it. It installs its own asio driver, but that won't mess with yours. Your software might choose to use it instead. Sonar didn't do that on my system.

Yah, ok, it doesn't kill.  But in Sonar I can't choose my Quadcap Drivers anymore. I see them (grey) but cannot check the boxes. Only Magix. And with Magix drivers I got no sound. Don't know why, at this point (starting just the demo) I don't care about. Once I kicked Magix off of my system, I got my Quadcap Drivers available again, Sonar is fine as is S1 and Mixcraft as well. After nearly 30 years of driver installations, Bluescreens and long nights with endless reboots I'm tired of crap like that. When Magix needs his own drivers for Audio (what for?) it should be able to coexist / cooperate with an existing installation. This is an Absolute NO GO today. 
2017/12/10 14:33:48
scook
In order to select a different ASIO driver both input and output must be deselected first. ASIO restricts the host to one I/O driver at a time.
2017/12/10 21:06:16
mkerl
scook
In order to select a different ASIO driver both input and output must be deselected first. ASIO restricts the host to one I/O driver at a time.

Yes, I know. I did it like that, first deselect. But still can't select the Quad - Drivers. I couldt have tried to restart Sonar after deselecting Magix Drivers, but honestly, I have no patience today for those workouts just to run a demo . . . . on the very first look, Samplitude was not that impressive to me. And the more demos I look at, the more I like Sonar whenever I open it again :) - Just Studio One feels good to me, too. I Like it. Intuitiv, quick, easy, just started to make music from the very first time I open it.

Thanks for your time

Cheers :)
2017/12/31 06:16:11
Larry Jones
I am liking Samplitude, but from a mostly theoretical point of view. I mean, it does a lot, comes with a lot of instruments and effects, and seems to be an all-in-one solution for a bedroom songwriter like me. But it is so freakin' fiddly! Every setting has to be done manually, and there are so many of them! Also, at my age, do I want to look at an interface with fonts so small I'm not always sure what I am seeing, if anything? I used nothing but SONAR for ~20 years, so I know I will have to relearn a lot of things that had become automatic, but this first week with Samplitude has been an awful lot of work!
2017/12/31 09:12:09
BENT
Larry Jones
I am liking Samplitude. But it is so freakin' fiddly! Every setting has to be done manually, and there are so many of them!

Totally agree Larry.
Take comping as an example, I find it so un-intuitive in samp. Today I experimented comping in Reaper and without reading the manual or watch a video first and I had it up and running straight away. As for Samplitude font size, I think I'll need large binoculars or possibly the Hubble Telescope.

So far I've bought...
Mixcraft... (It's a great little lite DAW) and I will use it for quick easy Video editing.
Samplitude... (great DAW) but has drawbacks as stated above
Reaper... So far I like it very much, but initially it has a learning curve because it's least like my beloved Splat

2017/12/31 10:21:41
synkrotron
My QUAD-CAPTURE is working fine with Samplitude, as is my OCTA-CAPTURE.
2017/12/31 19:16:19
S.L.I.P.
mkerl
Demo killed Asio-Driver (Quadcap). 

Deleted

You should be able to change back to the Quad capture. If you can't, this was posted by Jim from Purrfect Audio:

To get rid of the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver:

Go into the Registry...
HKLM>Software>ASIO - delete the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver entry
HKLM>Software>WOW6432Node>ASIO - delete the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver entry
2017/12/31 21:44:35
scook
One thing I noticed was after installing Samplitude, SONAR startup was a slower. I thought it might be related to the MAGIX Low Latency Driver. After deleting the MAGIX Driver, SONAR start up speed went back to normal.

Not only did I delete the two HKLM entries mentioned above I deleted the CLSID referenced in those entries. 

Then searched the registry for "Magix Low Latency" and removed all references to the driver. For example, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Magix Low Latency 2016 and the SoundForge ASIO entries.
2017/12/31 22:47:20
cecelius2
Does Samplitude have a means of organizing plugins?  I see that some of the vst's and vsti's are automatically arranged into sub-categories (like Reverb, Dynamics, etc.), but I don't see any way of adding plugins to these categories, nor do I see a way of having a "favorites" category or adding new sub-categories.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account