• Software
  • Samplitude - my experiences so far (p.6)
2018/01/08 20:50:12
Anderton
Jim Roseberry
All the current major DAW applications are capable of amazing results.
It's just a matter of finding the one whose "compromises" best suit your situation. 

These two statements could replace virtually all the threads about the pros and cons of various DAWs 

2018/01/08 21:19:38
Larry Jones
Anderton
Jim Roseberry
All the current major DAW applications are capable of amazing results.
It's just a matter of finding the one whose "compromises" best suit your situation. 

These two statements could replace virtually all the threads about the pros and cons of various DAWs 

It's all one big Coffee House now, Craig. We just like to chat with our SONAR pals, even if it seems slightly pointless.
2018/01/08 21:47:17
Soundwise
Larry Jones
I am liking Samplitude, but <...> it is so freakin' fiddly! Every setting has to be done manually, and there are so many of them! 

You can do a lot from the help menu.

2018/01/08 22:29:34
Zo
In person i don't even install Daw's extra , for that exact reason , i want cross "daw "tools , so its kontakt for samplng as well as falcon ...case close ( also the GB on my ssd is a preciuous value !!) lol same for FX ..i tend to use 3rd party but i'm starting to reconsider this with studio one tools specially the midi tools (arpg , chord ect) , really usuable .

2018/01/12 14:33:11
burgerproduction
hi guys. I decided to let the presonus crossgrade deal go by, so I'm considering the Samplitude one. However, before diving in, would you say any of the soft synths are worth using. I mean, would you replace any of the VSTs you use with them, or are they just SSD balast?
I'm kind of interested in the venetian organ and would def like to know if there are decent brush drums.
any views?
2018/01/13 14:14:40
35mm
burgerproduction
hi guys. I decided to let the presonus crossgrade deal go by, so I'm considering the Samplitude one. However, before diving in, would you say any of the soft synths are worth using. I mean, would you replace any of the VSTs you use with them, or are they just SSD balast?
I'm kind of interested in the venetian organ and would def like to know if there are decent brush drums.
any views?

I haven't really gone through the included soft synths much, but dabbling with them a bit they seem pretty good.
2018/01/13 14:29:34
S.L.I.P.
Like 35mm, I've only gone through a few, but I'm pleasantly surprised. 
2018/01/14 12:14:31
burgerproduction
Well, today is the last day of the Samplitude deal. I downloaded the demo and have been playing about with it.
I'm sorry to report that I really don't like it very much. It does not sit well on a laptop screen. Might work better on a split screen, but on the laptop it feels crowded. I loved Sonar for it's ability to drag the screen around to fit tasks. Either I'm missing something or Samplitude just doesn't have that. A stupid example is, when you open a VST instrument, there is no minimise button on the window, so you have to close it and reopen it everytime you want to see the instrument panel. This can quickly get annoying especially with mutiple effects and synths.
Most importantly, it didn't recognise Trilogy or BFD. These are old plugins, but they are far superior to the instruments included with Samplitude. Updating to BFD3 is not an option (no upgrade deals anymore from BFD1) and I'm putting off an upgrade of Trilogy till I can justify it, so that was a deal breaker for me.
Spectral Layers etc.. seems very similar to the Ozone tools I already own. Even Cool Edit Pro can do a lot of what Spectral Layers does. It's a great bundle, but, on reflection, I just can't justify buying everything for the sake of a few tools.
Finally, I checked out all the demos of the instruments included and haven't heard anything better than what's on Rapture or Dimensions, and certainly not better than the Kontakt packs I've already bought.
So, despite the amazing financial discount. I'll be passing on this deal too. 
I really wanted to get excited about Samplitude, but I just couldn't. 
2018/01/14 15:48:51
riojazz
I liked the Samplitude demo well enough to purchase the deal on the Pro Suite.

They processed my order and sent an email with serial numbers but the number is a P2 number, which I understand to be for Samplitude P2 (not the current P3).  I assume there will be some process for them to verify my SONAR ownership and then they will send me the P3 number.  It's a weekend, so I'm waiting. 

Does this sound right to those who did purchase the crossgrade at $149?

SOLVED.  I tried again (third time) and this time, instead of the registration window clearing, it continued, asked for my email address, and worked.  I'm all set.

2018/01/14 16:04:05
scook
The deal is not SONAR specific. The serial numbers issued are for the latest version of the X3 Suite
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account