• Software
  • Samplitude - my experiences so far (p.8)
2018/01/15 06:15:33
Ruben
burgerproduction
... (didn't check out Samplitude forums as they seem to be wholey populated with ex-Sonar people :) 

Quite the opposite... most of the members at the Sampitude forum are long-time Samp users. I think the recent influx of ex-Sonar users asking questions may make it appear like there are a lot of former Sonarites there, but they are in the minority so don't hesitate in asking your questions there.
2018/01/15 12:10:28
Mus
riojazz
I understand, thank you.  Then I wonder why I can't activate my registration.  I have a ticket with Magix Support.

The only way I can use the program is by the trial mode on the registration screen.  I cannot make the P2 password work with any combination of radio buttons.

SOLVED. It finally worked.

I have the same thing - any combination of omitting the P or hyphens as the screen suggests doesn't work...

Any clues?

Thanks
M
2018/01/15 16:15:22
Beagle
Mus
riojazz
I understand, thank you.  Then I wonder why I can't activate my registration.  I have a ticket with Magix Support.

The only way I can use the program is by the trial mode on the registration screen.  I cannot make the P2 password work with any combination of radio buttons.

I have the same thing - any combination of omitting the P or hyphens as the screen suggests doesn't work...

Any clues?

Thanks
M

yes, if you downloaded the demo first, then you must either uninstall it, or just make sure you're running the correct downloaded Suite version before you try to enter the registration number.  the sale for the suite is actually a different product that the Pro X3 demo, so the registration number doesn't work with it, you have to use the registration number in the SUITE download and run it specifically.
2018/01/15 16:28:02
riojazz
Brute force was my secret.? 

I don't know why registration failed twice and worked the third time.  When it worked, I still did have the trial version installed, but I was careful to download, install and attempt to register just the suite.  About the actual number, in each case, I copied it from the email and pasted it into the registration number.  The "P" seems to get dropped automatically - I didn't do anything.

Try again and good luck.

2018/01/15 16:31:25
TheMaartian
On a somewhat different topic...

I was pleased the first time I ran Samplitude and it automagically found and used my FaderPort...in Native mode!

What's not so pleasing now is that Samplitude will occasionally leave the FP in some state other than 'reset', depending on where you are in Samplitude when you exit it.

This morning, I didn't even load a project, I just opened it to run a VST rescan after the Waves update, and then closed it. I had to unplug the USB cable from the FP to reset it (it wouldn't respond to Studio One at all). I'll report this on the Samplitude forum at some point.
2018/01/15 18:11:40
Mus
Beagle
Mus
riojazz

Any clues?

Thanks
M

yes, if you downloaded the demo first, then you must either uninstall it, or just make sure you're running the correct downloaded Suite version before you try to enter the registration number.  the sale for the suite is actually a different product that the Pro X3 demo, so the registration number doesn't work with it, you have to use the registration number in the SUITE download and run it specifically.

OK got it. Thanks

Installing additional content and doesn't seem to have given me the option to install on a different drive - do you know if I can move it?

Cheers
M
2018/01/15 18:44:47
Beagle
Mus
Beagle
Mus
riojazz

Any clues?

Thanks
M

OK got it. Thanks

Installing additional content and doesn't seem to have given me the option to install on a different drive - do you know if I can move it?

Cheers
M

I don't know for certain if you can install Sam itself on a different drive, you can certainly install the sounds and samples on a different drive using the custom installation.  I didn't check to see if Sam could be installed on a different drive using custom installation.

however, you might want to register at their forum and get some answers there.  it's not as active as this forum (or as this forum used to be) but there are a few who are extremely helpful there.

http://support2.magix.net/boards/samplitude/index.php?/forum/1-samplitude-software-related-topics-english/

there are also a lot of youtube videos on how to do things in Sam that are very helpful by Kraznet.
2018/01/15 19:36:14
Mus
Beagle

I don't know for certain if you can install Sam itself on a different drive, you can certainly install the sounds and samples on a different drive using the custom installation.  I didn't check to see if Sam could be installed on a different drive using custom installation.

however, you might want to register at their forum and get some answers there.  it's not as active as this forum (or as this forum used to be) but there are a few who are extremely helpful there.

http://support2.magix.net/boards/samplitude/index.php?/forum/1-samplitude-software-related-topics-english/

there are also a lot of youtube videos on how to do things in Sam that are very helpful by Kraznet.

OK thanks, from that forum it seems that Independence can go on a separate drive but not Vita which goes in the C: Users folder. I believe the latter can be moved at the Windows system level and all programs should follow it. I might try it.

Cheers
M
2018/01/16 00:49:01
epchevrier
hi guys i bought it and yes it was a great deal I'm glad i got,  there,s a learning curve however very doable i have a small attention spand so hang in there this software has a lot to offer still   as 35mm said it all great write up  love my splat never thought i would be using samp and others eric
2018/01/16 16:40:33
jude77
I pulled the trigger too.  No, it's not SONAR, and yes, I'm intimidated at learning it.  However, I'm thinking about it this way: I figure I might have used 10-15% of SONAR's capabilities.  I imagine I'll do about the same with Samplitude, so it really won't take that long to learn. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account