• Software
  • Samplitude - my experiences so far (p.9)
2018/01/16 18:21:51
35mm
Mus

OK thanks, from that forum it seems that Independence can go on a separate drive but not Vita which goes in the C: Users folder. I believe the latter can be moved at the Windows system level and all programs should follow it. I might try it.

Cheers
M

What I did was install content, then move it and leave a shortcut to its new location from the original location. That works just fine. The hardest part is trying to work out where different things were installed to! There is a thread either here or in the Samp forum which lists the default locations. It's crazy that the installers don't allow custom paths!
2018/01/16 18:31:00
35mm
jude77
I pulled the trigger too.  No, it's not SONAR, and yes, I'm intimidated at learning it.  However, I'm thinking about it this way: I figure I might have used 10-15% of SONAR's capabilities.  I imagine I'll do about the same with Samplitude, so it really won't take that long to learn. 

Jude, the learning curve wasn't as bad as I expected - at least to get up and running (I'm still learning something new every day). I started a new project soon after installing it and by the time I had mixed that I had become quite familiar with the whole thing. The learning curve didn't get in my way too much and when it did I managed to get help from the forum.

Also, I really recommend watching Kraznet's videos on Youtube! That guy is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to Samplitude. He's very active and helpful in the forum too. There is also a huge PDF manual that is worth looking through. Some bits of the manual haven't got updated with the software, but it's mostly there. The standard help file is handy too.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account