• Software
  • Soundforge Audio Station (p.2)
2018/01/16 10:00:56
burgerproduction
TheMaartian
I bought the $149 Suite ..... Now that I have SpectraLayers 4 Pro from the suite, and had some time to play with it...I'd have paid $149 just for SL4P. 

If I'm not wrong, the Samplitude discount bundle comes with Spectral Layers Pro 3, right?
2018/01/16 10:11:41
scook
No, the sale includes the latest versions of Samplitude, SoundForge Pro and SpectraLayers Pro. SpectraLayers Pro 4 is part of the bundle. In fact, there has been an update to Samplitude since the sale started.
2018/01/16 10:39:59
scook
burgerproduction
Check out the new release of Sequoia, with Spectral Layers Pro 4 - Looks really nice, if you've got the money.
http://www.magix.com/it/sequoia/restauro-audio/

FWIW, the X3 Suite includes the cleaning and restoration suite, the same tools shown on the Sequoia page with the exception of the "Brilliance enhancer." These include the Spectral Cleaning offline editor, the DeNoiser, DeHisser, DeCliiper and DeClicker/DeCrackler. Both Samplitude and Sequoia have had built-in spectral editing for some time.

I posted videos about the X3 Suite spectral editing features here.

edit: Samplitude has the "Brilliance enhancer" too.
2018/01/17 01:03:24
mikedocy
Why am I still seeing advertisements for SF Audio Studio 10 when version 12 is available?
I think Magix needs some improvement in their sales/marketing department.
It is confusing.

OK, I get it now. You can purchase SF Audio Studio 10 for $29.99 and then for another $29.99 update to version 12.
They are sales/marketing hucksters.

2018/01/17 08:26:24
burgerproduction
If you go to http://www.magix.com/it/sound-forge-audio-studio/ and put in coupon code MAGIX2018 you can get $20 off. 
The Facebook offer is for Sound Forge 11, not 12.
Sound Forge 12 is 64bit, 11 is not.
For an extra $10 you get the latest version with Ozone Elements - it's a no brainer

SF12 comes with Ozone 8 Elements, which I already own and would recommend to anyone who needs to clean up sound. i work on live choir recordings and concert recitals. It has some amazing features, even on the Elements version, including Spectral views. And Izotope is running an upgrade sale this month, so you can then get one of their Standard Versions for a big discount.

I totally agree that they are 'hucksters' at Magix. They seem to have endless sales and offers, like DFS or some other Sofa Store "Everything MUST go", "Amazing deals" = product dumping.
2018/01/17 10:24:31
marled
scook
FWIW, the X3 Suite includes the cleaning and restoration suite, the same tools shown on the Sequoia page with the exception of the "Brilliance enhancer." These include the Spectral Cleaning offline editor, the DeNoiser, DeHisser, DeCliiper and DeClicker/DeCrackler. ...

Scook, in my version of Samplitude the "Brilliance enhancer" is also included. Go "Plug-ins > Frequency / Filters > Brilliance enhancer..."!
2018/01/17 10:36:43
marled
TheMaartian
I bought the $149 Suite to have a backup for Studio One. I didn't know squat about spectral editing. Now that I have SpectraLayers 4 Pro from the suite, and had some time to play with it...I'd have paid $149 just for SL4P. To get SF11P and SX3 plus the other goodies that came with? Awesome. If SoundForge 11 Pro goes 64-bit, and the upgrade price is reasonable, fine. If not, c'est la vie.

Similar here. I bought the Suite in the beginning of December just because I was interested in SpectraLayers 4. At that time I did not yet know that the development of Sonar has been ceased. But now the Suite is my backup for Splat, although I had used 2 versions of "Samplitude Music Studio" before, but only for recording MAGIX instruments and exporting the audio to Sonar.

Marcel
2018/01/17 10:48:31
scook
marled
scook
FWIW, the X3 Suite includes the cleaning and restoration suite, the same tools shown on the Sequoia page with the exception of the "Brilliance enhancer." These include the Spectral Cleaning offline editor, the DeNoiser, DeHisser, DeCliiper and DeClicker/DeCrackler. ...

Scook, in my version of Samplitude the "Brilliance enhancer" is also included. Go "Plug-ins > Frequency / Filters > Brilliance enhancer..."!

Yes, I see it now. Only looked in the restoration folder in the menu. Did not scan the ini for the plug-in. Plug-in management is not Samplitude's strength.
2018/01/17 12:37:10
marled
scook
... Plug-in management is not Samplitude's strength.

Agree!
That's why I created a VstMagix plugin folder with subfolders and copied all my plugins in there (the once that run in Samplitude).
I found also an xml file in the data folder of Samplitude with the menu definitions and considered to update it. Although I think it is better not to touch it, because of updates. But what you can do is to redefine the folders how the plugins are shown in the VstPlugins.ini file. If you define something like "--Dynamics--" they appear in the top Dynamics menu! Samplitude keeps that definition even if you do a rescan.
2018/01/17 12:51:35
scook
Yes, the tags bounded by -- are VST3 categories. Some are appended to predefined MAGIX categories such as Dynamics. I have spent some time looking at the VstPlugins.ini and started writing a plug-in layout manager. They continue to refine how the file is parsed so I stopped messing with it. Hopefully they will prove a better solution soon.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account