• Software
  • Crossgrade to Presonus Studio One Professional
2018/01/15 18:06:23
Wildman
I was wondering if any of the soft synths etc from SONAR would work in this new DAW?  Or are you going to tell me that Studio One would have most things I need.  Also how best would it be to transfer complicated songs...e.g. audio, effect, midi over to a project in Presonus Studio One.

Just a home project studio.

KW
2018/01/15 18:44:06
abacab
Most of the plugins etc from Sonar work in other DAWs, such as Studio One, with a few exceptions.

The main exceptions would be 3rd party plugins that are locked to Sonar as "Cakewalk editions".  Plus the Sonar Pro Channel exclusives only work in Sonar.

Unlocked Nomad factory Blue Tubes FX are available for purchase as a bundle.

Overloud and AAS offered free unlock codes, but I believe you needed a current version of Platinum or Professional to take advantage of those offers.

Studio One Pro has most things you would need for a home project studio.  Tons of content and instruments, plus what you bring over from Cakewalk.

As far as moving projects, the only practical way to go about that is to export your audio and MIDI tracks per project and reconstruct the projects in the new DAW.  Because project file formats vary so much between brands, it is not possible to move mixer settings, track automation, routing, busses, etc.  You will also need to save any plugin presets in the plugin UI itself if you plan to use the same plugins in the new DAW with those settings.  The plugin settings saved within the projects are not transferable.

Many have said they would rather finish up active projects in Sonar, then start new ones in their chosen replacement DAW, than spend the time to migrate projects.
2018/01/16 16:08:02
husker
Just to tack onto what Abacab said said - Nomad Factory also offered a discount for the BT Bundle, but you had to email them to get the code.   The bundle ended up being $50.

If you need the details, just PM me.  I can get you the info (I'll dig it out of my email).
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account