• Features & Ideas
  • Questionnaire: Realtime Waveform preview on buses and instrument tracks (p.6)
2015/07/30 13:50:43
Danny Danzi

1. Do you use the waveform preview feature?
C. I use this feature often

2. Do you use this on buses or instrument tracks?

I use it on both at all times. This answer wasn't there, so I hope by me adding it that I'm not messing anything up.

3. Waveform preview allows you to display historical peak markers on the timeline. Do you use this feature?

4. When do you use this feature in your production?

Buses, instrument tracks and on my master bus to see how my wave forms are looking. The greatest thing for me with this feature is how it allows me to see virtual instrument wave forms without having to turn things into physical wave forms. To me this is one of the coolest tools in Sonar. Please never remove it....unless of course something in it is messing things up. I'd really miss it though.

PS: If you find this feature useful please upvote this post by clicking on the star rating next to the title.

Done!
2015/08/03 05:05:48
Notecrusher
Nothing to see here.
2015/08/04 23:19:50
Sycraft
Somewhat tangential to what you are asking but if you were thinking of playing with waveform preview I'd really be interested in seeing Sonar getting FL Studio's feature of scrolling wave preview in mixer view. Have the MIDI tracks scroll their MIDI preview, the instruments/buses scroll the wave preview and it'd make for some nice fullscreen mixing.
2015/08/16 19:46:47
Notecrusher
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk
SONAR has a unique feature that allows you to view waveform previews in realtime during playback on Instrument tracks and buses. (Not to be confused with waveform preview while recording on audio tracks)
This feature can be useful during mixing or drawing automation. I'm curious how many users take advantage of this feature or what you use it for.  

Do you use the waveform preview feature?
Waveform preview allows you to display historical peak markers on the timeline. Do you use this feature?

Wasn't aware of these features. After reading this I thought, "these features sound interesting." So I tried to access them. I tried right-clicking in the track header, FX bin and the clips pane, but none of the context menus offered this in either a buss or an instrument track. I tried all of the above switching between clips and notes view. Tried selecting a clip itself and checked its context menu. I also tried selecting an instrument track and looked in the track view's dedicated View menu. Nothing there either. This is certainly a well-hidden feature. I give up. Where is it and how is it accessed? 

2015/08/19 22:13:48
Notecrusher
Lots of folks said they use this. Can someone tell me how to access it?
2015/08/22 04:50:02
Notecrusher
scook
http://www.cakewalk.com/D...p;help=Mixing.22.html#

OK for busses but it's not available for instrument tracks as far as I can see.
2015/08/26 05:09:48
Bristol_Jonesey

A & B Equally

3. Waveform preview allows you to display historical peak markers on the timeline. Do you use this feature?

tracking & mixing
2015/09/02 15:10:44
brconflict

A. Bus waveform preview

I mainly use it before exporting to Master, but it's quite useful in eliminating overs.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account