2015/09/02 10:37:45
BobF
Brando
My opjnion is that Cakewalk should  have a vision in which it strives to be the best in all features that SONAR offers. Not all at once obviously, and not equal priority for all features. Evolutionary development based on continuous improvement. 
Just my 2 cents.

I think that is exactly what we're seeing happen.  I wish I could get a peek behind the curtain.

I remember being really miffed about all of the GUI bugs and quirks back in 7 & 8.  Turns out there was a good reason those things were left alone.
2015/09/02 12:31:32
Brando
BobF
Brando
My opjnion is that Cakewalk should  have a vision in which it strives to be the best in all features that SONAR offers. Not all at once obviously, and not equal priority for all features. Evolutionary development based on continuous improvement. 
Just my 2 cents.

I think that is exactly what we're seeing happen.  I wish I could get a peek behind the curtain.

I remember being really miffed about all of the GUI bugs and quirks back in 7 & 8.  Turns out there was a good reason those things were left alone.

Maybe...Though i haven't (yet) seen a whole lot at all (if anything) in the areas of notation, act, touch, step sequencer, matrix view., video. I'm willing to concede that my priorities are not necessarily representative of the entire user base. But development thus far has been (in my opinion) skewed towards the audio only user base.  
From comments by Cake in these forums they don't appear to have plans for notation apart from eventually fixing existing bugs in staff view. That's not the same as a vision to be the best in all categories, imo.
2015/09/02 15:06:18
hansvaneven
Brando
I agree with you Hans but i would try to avoid the heartburn by suggesting that Cakewalk should target Cubase and Digital Performer (as well as Logic Pro X) as their milestones (not Sibelius, etc). These are the current standards (in my opinion) for what a 'professional' notation/staff view in a Daw should aspire to be. Users here seem to be resigned to the idea that Cakewalk should just fix the bugs,etc as an appeasement and move on. i don't think that's enough. My opjnion is that Cakewalk should  have a vision in which it strives to be the best in all features that SONAR offers. Not all at once obviously, and not equal priority for all features. Evolutionary development based on continuous improvement. 
Just my 2 cents.

Hi Brando, yes you're right on this, I mentioned Sibelius but that's probably a little overload I admit, though a good editor you can use for editing notes, visualising your work, but also printing (sharing with musicians, export pdf ...) would really be a great creative add-on. Like you say the development on this area has been on hold for a moment, and I think the current audio features are quite impressive and well developed so far, so it would really be great to see some more midi*.score related features in next updates. That said I understand that development needs money too, so all depends what's possible for the folks at Cakewalk. 

cheers,

Hans
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account