• Software
  • Tell me about Samplitude (p.12)
2017/12/16 17:30:03
Paul P
35mm
The controller editor in Samp is amazing. I have an LX88+ but I haven't set it up yet. I have however setup my ProjectMix (Mackie protocol) which was designed for and has built-in integration for Sonar, Cubase, PT, Logic, and Live. Using Samp's controller editor I was able to set the ProjectMix up to integrate far better with Samp than with any of the DAWs it was designed for. The same should be possible with The Nektar LX range, and using the controller editor you will probably get far better integration than Nektar are likely to provide - I wasn't impressed with their integration for Sonar, FL Studio or Studio One.

Thanks for this 35mm.  Very reassuring.
2017/12/16 21:01:46
TobyC
Brilliant thread!

A couple of things @Bitflipper:

1. Can you confirm that Samplitude can create a tempo map from freely recorded audio or midi? In the sales blurb for version 3 it suggests it can but I'm wondering how it works in practice.

2. Does the reference above to DX plugs mean that Samplitude will find all the lovely Sonitus plugs that are installed with Sonar?

Many thanks,
2017/12/16 21:09:34
scook
1. have not gotten that far
2. yes
2017/12/16 21:40:30
scook
If NoDirectXInit=0 is added Sam_X64.ini or Sam.ini (the 32bit init file), probably want to append the [DirectX_Hide] section of  DxPlugins.ini with the names of the plug-ins to hide such as the synths (no DXi support in Samplitude), Cronus (V-Vocal) amd anything else that does not look useful.
2017/12/16 21:51:55
TobyC
Thank you scook, that's very helpful!

Regards,
2017/12/16 21:52:05
scook
Found a link on the German side of the Samplitude Forum for an AD2 Drum map
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k5dc8590h8udc73/AD_2_Standard.zip
The drum map folder is "C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Samplitude Pro X3 Suite\Templates\MIDI Drum Maps"

Drum maps are plain text.
2017/12/17 00:11:40
Ruben
bitflipperWe initially laughed at the recycle bin, where nothing actually gets thrown away without additional effort.

Macs do this too with their Trash, although they don't give a "Delete" option - their menu says "Move to Trash".

But in Windows, Shift-Delete is your friend.   

2017/12/17 00:25:13
mikedocy
35mm
mikedocy
Be aware that you cannot drag and drop an audio file onto the timeline to set the project tempo from the audio file,
like we can do in Sonar and SOP.
Kraznet did say he would send a feature request to the devs for this.
It is a competitive feature so I'm sure it will get implemented before too long.

Actually, I think you can but not just by dragging it on the timeline. I am sure I have seen something in the manual about conforming a project's tempo to an audio file. I haven't tried it and not sure where in the huge manual I saw it!

You can detect a fixed tempo of a track but cannot automatically detect a tempo that speeds up and slows down, like Sonar+Melodyne can do.
One fixed tempo is all you get for now.
You can edit the tempo automation and make the song speed up and slow down, but that is not what the orginal post was about.

2017/12/17 00:56:07
soens
Recycle bin has saved me many times.

2017/12/17 06:21:33
bitflipper
TobyC
Brilliant thread!

A couple of things @Bitflipper:

1. Can you confirm that Samplitude can create a tempo map from freely recorded audio or midi? In the sales blurb for version 3 it suggests it can but I'm wondering how it works in practice.

2. Does the reference above to DX plugs mean that Samplitude will find all the lovely Sonitus plugs that are installed with Sonar?

Many thanks,

1. From what I understand at this point, it seems Samplitude lacks this functionality, at least as we know it. Somebody suggested a workaround, but it was a crude solution. Here's Mike's thread over on the Samplitude forum. 
2. Yes, you can use some - but not all - of the Sonitus suite. Sadly, everybody's favorite, the compressor, is not among the ones that seem to work. The multi-band compressor does, though.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account