• Software
  • Tell me about Samplitude (p.13)
2017/12/17 06:53:00
scook
Interesting, the compressor and the gate do not work. I wonder if it has anything to do with the side chain implementation?

2017/12/17 07:22:18
Ruben
Just tonight I was experimenting with the Sonitus plugins in Samplitude. The plugins that work for me are Phase, Reverb, Modulator, SurroundComp, and Wahwah. Too bad about Compressor. 
2017/12/17 07:25:53
scook
Sonitus Surround (my favorite Sonitnus plug-in) works too
2017/12/17 15:07:41
bwbalint
I have been trying out Samplitude.  Probably a simple question:  on the opening page of Samplitude I can go into 'Audio Setup' and choose from a couple of different ASIO drivers for my VS-100.  One of them is 'Magix Low Latency 2016.'  When I do select this, I see a slightly lower reported latency, as opposed to selection of the regular VS-100 driver.  Is this the one I should try?  

Simple answer is try it and see how it performs.  I can always switch back.  Anyone have any experience using the Magix low latency ASIO drivers?
2017/12/17 15:17:32
S.L.I.P.
bitflipper
TobyC
Brilliant thread!

A couple of things @Bitflipper:

1. Can you confirm that Samplitude can create a tempo map from freely recorded audio or midi? In the sales blurb for version 3 it suggests it can but I'm wondering how it works in practice.

You should be able to use Melodyne to create a tempo map. 
2017/12/17 16:11:04
bitflipper
bwbalint
Simple answer is try it and see how it performs.  I can always switch back.  Anyone have any experience using the Magix low latency ASIO drivers?

I haven't done any objective test to compare the Magix driver to my regular Focusrite ASIO driver - too many variables - but "Magix Low-Latency" works fine. In Samplitude, anyway. When I switch back to SONAR, I have to change back to my Saffire driver in order to get any sound at all. So I just use that one for both DAWs.
2017/12/17 18:00:21
Rbh
Bit Flipper - I have had a license for Samplitude for a number of years ( Version 9 ) I think. I'm a Sonar guy and only did a few experiment type projects in Samplitude - but  never really translated the efficiency of Sonars' use especially with midi projects. Yesterday I pulled up a very old project in Samplitude that required a ridiculous amount of track editing. - just splitting and micro moving chucks of track data for instrument alignment. I was blown away at how efficient and accurate micro editing is in Samplitude. The basics of getting around the track view is still a little kluge for me - there's just re-learning how to control the time line and zoom levels quickly as I'm used to in Sonar. Basically Samplitude does an amazing job for quickly editing wave forms. I set-up "keybindings" for [Shift- T - to select the active track and then Shift-G to glue the track. This ends up being just as quick as doing a bounce to clips in Sonar.
2017/12/17 18:50:41
S.L.I.P.
I've activated all of my products, and they are working fine, but when I log into my account at Magix, it is only showing Sound Forge as a registered product. Anybody know what I'm not doing? Thanks!
2017/12/17 19:04:02
scook
Not logging into your Pro Audio account. It is different from your MAGIX consumer account showing SoundForge. Here is the US page with links to both accounts. The main support page is shown in the Samplitude About screen.
2017/12/17 19:09:26
S.L.I.P.
Thanks! I just figured that out. Isn't Sound Forge, Pro? Really strange they would have that in a different login.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account