• Software
  • Tell me about Samplitude (p.15)
2017/12/18 14:55:18
bitflipper
Do not use the Magix ASIO driver, or any other generic driver. Always use the one that came with your audio interface.
2017/12/18 16:05:35
bwbalint
Ran the centrance.com file on a spare computer without issue.  Follow up antivirus scans show no issues.

I ran the latency tests with the native VS-100 ASIO and then the Magix Low Latency ASIO.  The results were within a couple of milliseconds of each, with the Magix ASIO maybe 2 ms less. 
Along with everyone's input, I will just go back to the native VS-100 ASIO, and avoid any potential downside to using Magix's.  Thanks everyone.  
2017/12/18 16:18:56
soens
Is Samplitude 32 & 64 bit? I installed 64 bit but the installer gave me no option.
2017/12/18 16:36:49
Beagle
soens
Is Samplitude 32 & 64 bit? I installed 64 bit but the installer gave me no option.

both 32 and 64bit versions are available, but it only installs the version you need for the version of windows you're running.  I don't know if there's a way to force it to install 32bit on a 64bit machine or not.
2017/12/18 16:59:15
DeeringAmps
My office system remains 32 bit, but.
Even I have given up using the 32-bit versions on my StudioCat.

Just sayin'...
T
2017/12/18 17:01:37
Ruben
soens
AND.... for some reason Sonitus Compressor DOES work for me. Not sure why not for so many others.

I can insert the Sonitus Compressor and the values display and adjust in the plugin window but the plugin has no effect on the track signal.  :-/

soens 
BTW, is there a way to manage a window full of plugins? Can't seem to dock them or even minimize them. Screen is getting crowded.

As good as it is in many areas as a DAW, plugin management is not good in Samp. You can try playing with VstPlugins.ini but the results are limited. Kraznet has suggested organizing your plugins into folders, which will then be displayed on the VST menu. Another option is a small program written by a Samp user in Spain - you can read about it and download it here. I've tried it and it does help to organize plugins.

2017/12/19 13:45:56
raisindot
More questions about  VST plugin finding:

Is there any way to "start the VST search from scratch?" I've reorganized a lot of plugs (for example, putting only the UA powered plug ins I use into a single folder), and deleted a lot of redundant folders. Yet, when I hit the "reset" button the scan again it loads all of the UA plugs into the folder. I'd like to simply limit the search to a few selected folders, but I can't figure out how to do it. 

On similar lines, I seemed to have installed the Ozone mastering suite okay, but for the life of me I can't figure out where the are. They don't show up as choices in Samplitude even after re-VST-scanning. 

2017/12/19 13:56:12
S.L.I.P.
see post #102 and #103 on page 4 of this thread. 
2017/12/19 16:36:48
rsinger
raisindot
On similar lines, I seemed to have installed the Ozone mastering suite okay, but for the life of me I can't figure out where the are. They don't show up as choices in Samplitude even after re-VST-scanning. 

They are part of sound forge.
2017/12/20 00:08:40
soens
Ruben
soens 
BTW, is there a way to manage a window full of plugins? Can't seem to dock them or even minimize them. Screen is getting crowded.

As good as it is in many areas as a DAW, plugin management is not good in Samp. You can try playing with VstPlugins.ini but the results are limited. Kraznet has suggested organizing your plugins into folders, which will then be displayed on the VST menu. Another option is a small program written by a Samp user in Spain - you can read about it and download it here. I've tried it and it does help to organize plugins.

Thanks, but I was referring to floating VST windows all over the screen with nowhere to go except moved to the 2nd screen where they're still in the way. They don't even have a minimize button. UGH!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account