• Software
  • Tell me about Samplitude (p.16)
2017/12/20 00:34:29
S.L.I.P.
Just click the x on the top right. When you want to have it in view, just right click on the plugin in the fx bin. 
2017/12/20 13:17:00
TobyC
Ok, I took the $149 offer from here in the UK, this allegedly being the last day possible, and am now downloading everything (painfully slow for some reason other than my connection here which is quick).

So I'll be joining the party and hoping this is the start of a beautiful relationship with my new German friend.

[Edit, download going better and quicker now apart from "Additional Content 1" which stalls. I'll come back to that when I've got everything else loaded.]
2017/12/20 14:54:38
bitflipper
I have yet to download all the Samplitude content. Their servers have been too overwhelmed by this sale. But if you just skip the virtual instruments and "additional content" (meaning loops and samples) the core product doesn't take long at all. You can always grab the rest of it later. (So far from what I've seen/heard, you're not missing much from the bundled VIs anyway.)
2017/12/20 16:35:31
Ruben
soens

Thanks, but I was referring to floating VST windows all over the screen with nowhere to go except moved to the 2nd screen where they're still in the way. They don't even have a minimize button. UGH!

Yeah, I don't like that we aren't able to minimize the VST windows. But as S.L.I.P. wrote, you can just close them with the window's X, then when you want to open that plugin again just right-click on the plugin name in the track's Plug-ins section and the plugin's window will re-appear.

2017/12/20 20:18:14
TobyC
Re tempo mapping, I came across this, which looks helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSiYv9IJYyg
2017/12/20 21:10:19
scook
There was a time after the Melodyne 4 release and the drop to timeline feature was added to SONAR. During that period there were a couple of threads about how to create tempo maps. A process was developed

• export the free form piano part or parts as a wav file
  • bring up M4studio or editor's external desktop program
  • load the wav into M4... select all (don't know if this is necessary)
  • Click Edit, go to Temp at bottom, click Detect Tempo of Selection
  • File export, Tempo map... save it
  • Go to Sonar, Go to file open, and select the saved tempo map (the .mid file in "5" above)
  • It will import the tempo map... there will be no MIDI data but the timeline and tempo should change (if you open the Tempo view you can see the changes)
  • Add a MIDI instrument and use Piano Roll (or your preferred method) to add a click track - I used a hi-hat on each beat of the bar, groove clipped it and dragged it for the whole length of the song
  • Select the MIDI track a click on "Copy Special" to ensure that copy tempo and meter changes (and any other options you want) are selected
  • Then go to your original song and use "Paste Special" to carefully paste it in at the beginning... ensuring that you have "tempo changes" and other things you want selected
  • VOILA! - your original project will now have the tempo map applied

Samplitude allows importing MIDI with tempo maps, so I suspect the process can be simplified.
2017/12/20 21:15:06
35mm
TobyC
Re tempo mapping, I came across this, which looks helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSiYv9IJYyg

Welcome To Samplitude :) Kraznet will be your new best friend. He has tonnes of videos and is very helpful on the forums. The forums are here.
2017/12/20 23:04:30
Paul P
Larry Jones
Paul P
I just found out that Samplitude is about the only daw not supported by Nektar for their 'deep integration' software for my Impact LX88+ midi controller.

Not sure what I miss out on, but I've sent Nektar a question about this.

I just acquired the LX61+. I'd be interested in how Nektar responds to your note. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe Samplitude can be integrated with pretty much any controller through a MIDI learn process.

Here's the response I received from Tim at Nektar :
In order for us to integrate Impact LX, we use APIs/ or SDKs from manufacturers that provide them.
I'm not aware of any such system for Samplitude unfortunately.
However you can control Samplitude through standard MIDI mapping ofcourse.

I guess that garantees that azslow3 won't be helping us out with integration
2017/12/21 06:36:19
Larry Jones
Paul P
Larry Jones
Paul P
I just found out that Samplitude is about the only daw not supported by Nektar for their 'deep integration' software for my Impact LX88+ midi controller.

Not sure what I miss out on, but I've sent Nektar a question about this.

I just acquired the LX61+. I'd be interested in how Nektar responds to your note. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe Samplitude can be integrated with pretty much any controller through a MIDI learn process.

Here's the response I received from Tim at Nektar :
In order for us to integrate Impact LX, we use APIs/ or SDKs from manufacturers that provide them.
I'm not aware of any such system for Samplitude unfortunately.
However you can control Samplitude through standard MIDI mapping ofcourse.

I guess that garantees that azslow3 won't be helping us out with integration

Paul - Have you joined the Samplitude user forum? If so, maybe you could bring this up there. Almost for sure a guy named Kraznet will pop up and say he'll make a feature request (apparently regular users can't make such requests directly, but he's some kind of insider).
2017/12/21 14:30:48
Mesh
Downloading was very quick for me.....it's the installation that took awhile. Now, I'll definitely need to look more at Kraznet's vids.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account