• Software
  • Tell me about Samplitude (p.17)
2017/12/21 16:30:05
S.L.I.P.
Mesh
Downloading was very quick for me.....it's the installation that took awhile. Now, I'll definitely need to look more at Kraznet's vids.

I tend to want to just dive in and find things, but this time I was smart enough to watch all of the Kraznet's basic videos. I know they are basic, and I would have probably found a lot of it on my own, but it saved me a lot of time. 
2017/12/21 22:32:24
TobyC
Yes, loving the Kraznet tutorials. What a gentleman! So many hidden gems in Samplitude and so many parallels with Sonar! Just the external midi synth patch control issue but they way it's looking, I'll have to work around this limitation. 

On one tutorial Kraznet referred to a 70ies-Funk folder. On mine I can't see the drum loops sub-folder, only the brass and guitar loops. Drums and percussion are missing and also missing on many other of the genre folders. I've tried the reload/repair option on all eight sections of the Additional Content but still no drums/percussion. Any other new Pro X3 Suite users found this?
2017/12/21 22:42:50
scook
Sounds folders are the same here.
2017/12/21 22:59:21
S.L.I.P.
TobyC
Yes, loving the Kraznet tutorials. What a gentleman! So many hidden gems in Samplitude and so many parallels with Sonar! Just the external midi synth patch control issue but they way it's looking, I'll have to work around this limitation. 

On one tutorial Kraznet referred to a 70ies-Funk folder. On mine I can't see the drum loops sub-folder, only the brass and guitar loops. Drums and percussion are missing and also missing on many other of the genre folders. I've tried the reload/repair option on all eight sections of the Additional Content but still no drums/percussion. Any other new Pro X3 Suite users found this?

From the look of Samplitude in Kraznet's basic videos, it appears to be a version before the Pro X series. They probably changed the loop's content, because I don't have that drum folder either. 
2017/12/22 03:50:48
Ruben
Most of Kraznet's videos were done prior to Pro X3, many before Pro X. In many videos he either mentions the version he's using or it's in the video description. A clue to watch for is the the older skins used with old versions - the Pro X* versions tend to use a newer skin.
2017/12/22 04:12:49
scook
Yes, the videos were made spanning several releases. Personally, I do not worry about content. Cakewalk loaded my PC with plenty of content. I am more concerned about understanding the toolkit supplied by the DAW. I understand others may value things differently.
2017/12/22 04:46:12
BENT
Been enjoying using samp for 7 days now, but I'm really missing being able to doc plugins into a multidoc
Anyone come up with a workaround solution???

Also automation seems a backward step from Splat. I'm rely missing the Global Tools HUD.
Samp has to many mouse clicks just to get to the envelop and then more clicks to select the editing tool I want.
I'll spend some time with binding some shortcuts and hope this creates a smother work environment. 

I don't mean to knock Samp (It's great in meany ways) but I'm really lamenting the demise of an old friend. After all I started with Pro Audio 4.5 so many years ago
2017/12/23 10:29:04
TobyC
S.L.I.P.
From the look of Samplitude in Kraznet's basic videos, it appears to be a version before the Pro X series. They probably changed the loop's content, because I don't have that drum folder either. 

I've ordered this, similar to the earlier one recommended by Kraznet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N0MADAC/

... so I'll report back if it contains what seems missing from the download.

After paying just $149 I don't have a problem with a few extra £'s on this.

I've also been looking at the mass of Sonar content. The Loopmasters RX2 format content doesn't work in Samplitude but obviously the wav stuff does. Any ideas on whether there is a VST instrument that can play RX2 in Samplitude?
2017/12/23 12:08:44
soens
BENT
Been enjoying using samp for 7 days now, but I'm really missing being able to doc plugins into a multidoc
Anyone come up with a workaround solution???

I already complained about this. Was told to use the "red X" in the righthand corner. Just click the FX again to call it back. ...or get a 3rd monitor just for plugins.

Samplitude, for being one of the very 1st Windows DAWs on the market (1995) isn't as developed as Sonar.
2017/12/23 14:26:44
bitflipper
Dif'rent strokes I guess, but DAWs that want to place plugins in a special spot annoy me. The "3rd monitor just for plugins" solution sounds indulgent, but it's exactly the approach I took. 

The first thing I had to figure out with Samplitude was how to undock stuff, and I'm still annoyed that if I close Melodyne and re-open it, it pops right back into the dock and has to be undocked and moved again. Just like SONAR does. 

SONAR was over 30 years old at the time of its death. Some construe that advanced age as a negative, through some convoluted logic peppered with the misunderstood term "legacy code". Samplitude is, by comparison, still a youngster at age 27.

Yikes! That's the same age that Hendrix, Cobain, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Amy Winehouse died!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account