• Software
  • Tell me about Samplitude (p.5)
2017/12/14 17:33:46
bitflipper
Samplitude does have an event list, and it's even better-implemented than SONAR's. I haven't used it yet, but I've watched a video on it and it looks like you can do everything there that you could do in SONAR's event view.

I'm still waiting on my download, so all I know is what I've seen in Kraznet's (excellent) tutorials. But I've watched all the MIDI tutorials and haven't noticed anything Samplitude's MIDI editor can't do. The PRV looks a lot like SONAR's.
2017/12/14 18:03:09
tunedeaf
Native support for the Frontier Tranzport and AlphaTrack.
2017/12/14 20:02:16
Kuusniemi
DaveClark
Kuusniemi
DaveClark
That's a way of saying that I found Samplitude much easier to use for my work than SONAR.  Frankly, I think most people would.

Nitpicking, but this is statement that one can't simply make. Simply too many ways of doing things and if even most people would find the same things good then we would not have such a variety of DAWs to choose from. :)

Carry on then, don't mind me griping.

It's an opinion, not a "statement that one can't simply make."  It may be true, or it may be false, but I have every right to state my opinion.  I'll state it again: If there was a contest between Samplitude and SONAR, I think most people would agree that Samplitude is easier for their work.  There are quite a number of reasons why I say this, but I have better things to do than explain how I come to this conclusion.

I'm sorry but I will have to disagree and I stand by my opinion that one cannot make such statements. But opinion are just that, personal taste things. They are not based on anything else. You prefer Samplitude, that is your taste. Substantiate your claim if you make such statements as facts.
2017/12/14 21:00:44
rabeach
SpectraLayers will not register phone support actually hangs up on you after 30 seconds of being on hold.

edit... after resetting my password 2 times it finally allowed me to register. Hanging up on telephone support is odd though.
2017/12/14 22:06:16
ptheisen
tunedeaf
Native support for the Frontier Tranzport and AlphaTrack.

When I experimented with Samplitude, the functionality of my Alphatrack was only partial.

Transport controls, volume, pan, mute, solo, arm, track increment/decrement, loop and punch  all seemed to work. They had even programmed the flip button to toggle the mixer view on/off, which I thought was kind of cool.

But pressing the send, eq and plug-in buttons and then trying to control those things gave unpredictable results at best, and often times seemed to confuse the communication between Samplitude and the Alphatrack, especially as far as the Alphatrack display was concerned. It was simply not useable for those modes.

That was my experience, YMMV.

I didn't test my Tranzport in Samplitude, but I'm assuming it would work fine, since the things it controls are more straightforward.
2017/12/14 22:52:08
John
Dave I truly hope you will be happy with Samplitude. It is a very deep and powerful DAW. It may in fact be more like Sonar than other DAWs. 

It does have a lot going for it. 
2017/12/15 00:18:17
bitflipper
At the rate the download's going, it'll be Saturday before I can get into it. I downloaded an entire 9 GB 8Dio string library while I was waiting for Magix to send me just the 192 MB Cinematic Soundscapes. Fortunately, I'm not getting Independence at this time, just the little ones.
2017/12/15 00:53:41
donplee
I wanted to drop in and thank everyone for their comments and advice on this and other related threads. I had heard of Samplitude Pro X3 but knew nothing about it. After watching/reading this thread, viewing several of the great kraznet videos, and playing with the demo I intend to grab this great pricing.

I believe I read that Majix is hiring developers, so I'm guessing that a new version update may be coming relatively soon. One of their reps may have said when a new version was coming, but I missed it. Current Suite Upgrade looks to be $299.00US. Does anyone have recollection of past upgrade offers? 
2017/12/15 02:28:42
mikedocy
bitflipper
Well, I decided I didn't really need that new string library I've been lusting after, so I put those saved pennies toward Samplitude instead. Downloading now...this will take awhile, I think, at 221 KB/s. Hopefully, I'll get it installed in time for the weekend.

How cool to have bitflipper on board.

2017/12/15 02:50:51
Beagle
I've been considering it as well.

does samplitude have an equivalent to Audio Snap?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account