• Software
  • Tell me about Samplitude (p.8)
2017/12/15 15:07:01
Ruben
Snehankur
Reading all your posts/advice I have just availed the $149 offer.
I have downloaded the 4 MB Installer.
But my location where the DAW is doesn't have good internet connection.
How can I download all the contents of Samplitude at my work and bring them to my home?

Download the files at work then transfer them to the thumb drive. Or simply burn the downloaded files at work to a DVD. 

2017/12/15 15:08:29
scook
Snehankur
How can I download all the contents of Samplitude at my work and bring them to my home?

Regards
Snehankur

Contact Samplitude support and see if they will ship you the disks
2017/12/15 15:15:50
Snehankur
Ruben
Snehankur

Download the files at work then transfer them to the thumb drive. Or simply burn the downloaded files at work to a DVD. 

I have just run the installer.
I am not finding the the place where its saving the file before installing.
Regards
Snehankur

2017/12/15 15:20:57
Snehankur
scook
Contact Samplitude support and see if they will ship you the disks

Thank you Steve.
I stay in a remote location for my work. Also getting a courier will draw some customs formalities may be duties as well.
Regards
Snehankur
2017/12/15 17:23:54
bitflipper
I forget the details, but do recall that the installer asked me where to put the temporary files, as well as the sample data. You could re-run the installer just to see where it put them.

I installed Samplitude on my C: drive (SSD) and everything else on my larger E: drive (conventional drive) where all my other samples reside. In any case, there is also an option to delete the install files after installation, so as long as you have room on your C: drive you can just leave the default as-is and you'll be OK if you're concerned about space.
2017/12/15 17:26:55
raisindot
Can anyone tell me anything about the Independence Sampler that comes with the package? 

I've got -6 DVDs labelled "Independence content" which I presume are all the extra sound libraries for Independence? But before I spend the 2+ hours and 70 gig space) on it, can anytime tell me whether these are worth it or not? I've already for Dimension Pro (which is becoming very long in the tooth), Arturia V, and several; other guitar and keyboard packages, plus several drum programs and several hardware ROMPLERs that are better than 95% of all the plug ins. Is installing this thing really going to blow my mind?
2017/12/15 17:34:01
scook
bitflipper
I forget the details, but do recall that the installer asked me where to put the temporary files, as well as the sample data. You could re-run the installer just to see where it put them.

By default I believe all the downloaded files (except the 70 GB Independence library) are retained in your \Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager folder.
2017/12/15 17:50:15
SERecords
I’ve been in email contact with Magix asking if they could send out the disc copies of the package if I paid for the shipping. From what I understand they only offer the download option in the USA and don’t have a way to include everything included in this deal in hard copy form for this neck of the woods. I decided I don’t need Independence- the rest of the deal is awesome as it is so I just purchased it. My internet options don’t work too well with these large files.
2017/12/15 17:59:59
Paul P
Having appreciated bitflipper and scook's contributions for so long, I felt compelled to follow their lead and go the Samplitude route for a replacement daw.

I just found out that Samplitude is about the only daw not supported by Nektar for their 'deep integration' software for my Impact LX88+ midi controller.

Not sure what I miss out on, but I've sent Nektar a question about this.

2017/12/15 18:25:37
soens
Just a thought, but wasn't the PC (including Mac) invented in the US? Then why is Sonar only one of very few DAWs made in the US. Most of the big contenders are from overseas. Not sure about the startups. Why is that? Seems the "good" stuff is always from "over there", including mobile apps.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account