• Software
  • Cubase upgrade for Cakewalk users
2018/01/07 20:18:03
AmigaCom
In have a UR28M and UR242 by the driver upgrade i see this..
I hate Dongles i hope sonar never go to this ..

I never go to that... :-))

2018/01/07 20:46:09
Cactus Music
Sonar will never go to a dongle because Sonar has closed it doors most likely forever. 
I happened to like that Cubase and WaveLab use a dongle as it's a solid solution if you want to use the Software on multiple computers. Once you own the dongle you never have to talk to Steinberg.

Unlike Sonar which we face loosing the ability down the road to install it once the servers are gone. If Sonar had used a dongle there would be 10,000 people not freaking out right now. 

2018/01/07 21:17:42
mariogag
Cactus,

You honestly beleive they won't make the necessary change to remove the authentification obligation?

D'ont forget that up to X3 this "generalize across the software industry" approach wasn't used. So they know what needs to be done to remove this step.

Stay positive...the server is still up and running.

Cheers!

Mario
2018/01/07 21:30:53
backwoods
The way Noel was talking it kind of felt he was intimating there's a possibility that Cakewalk Sonar may be bought and continued by another company. So I think Noel would only release offline activation patch once Cakewalk is 100 percent "dead and buried" 
2018/01/07 21:32:03
Cactus Music
Actually I'm going to be using Sonar for a long time yet. I don't care about the unlock code at this point as I've made other plans. If we get it great. If not I'm still fine as I believe many others are too. 

And my point is, if we did have a dongle system some people would not be freaking out and many would have stayed with Sonar. 
But thanks for pointing out that my post might sound pessimistic, Was not my intent.  
And ya, I think they will simply release a version that used X3 coding with the 2 numbers. How hard can that be? But every day that goes by makes other wonder if it will ever happen. Me I give it a while yet. 
Possible the hold up is it's worth more money if they leave it alone. 
Then a new company can simply take over and down the road Sonar users will see a new version but at a price if they want to carry on with upgrades. 

2018/01/07 21:44:15
anydmusic
Although I am moving on the licensing issue also has an impact on some of the components. Z3TA, Rapture Pro and the L-Phase plug ins being examples.

I may not be planning to use Sonar but I will probably continue to use some of the VSTs especially where I don't have a suitable alternative. Need to salvage something from this mess.
2018/01/08 01:39:00
AmigaCom
I now that Cakewalk is on the go to new waters ..
And this is really bad ..
I Hope it find a new Partnership with others..
My Computer have 3 Dongles and every made the connection to the hardware slower..
So i Hate Dongles..

Regards

2018/01/08 05:48:35
Cactus Music
Why 3? normally you only need one and can put everything on it. And there should be no slow down to performance,,why? The software dos a quick check on start up and thats the end of it. 
Are you talking running an app from a USB stick, or using one as a working drive? That would be slower than an internal drive. 
2018/01/09 13:59:40
raisindot
Cactus Music
Why 3? normally you only need one and can put everything on it. And there should be no slow down to performance,,why? The software dos a quick check on start up and thats the end of it. 
Are you talking running an app from a USB stick, or using one as a working drive? That would be slower than an internal drive. 

Cubase uses a proprietary Dongle that can only be used with a limited number of other programs, so you might need at least one more if you wanted to use Cubase and another dongle-licensed program. 

When I was testing out Cubase, I hated that I had to give up a USB slot for the dongle. I was also getting USB conflicts since almost all of my USB ports use something or the other. When I removed Cubase and the dongle, I noticed that these conflicts went away. 

2018/01/10 00:56:06
35mm
Cactus Music

I have several dongles. iLock can manage licenses for various software, yes, but other software requires other dongles. I don't have a problem with dongles personally and have certainly never had any software or hardware issues with them as AmigaCom is implying. Plus, the cost of 1 USB socket is not exactly a killer!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account