• Software
  • free Reaper vst plugins (p.2)
As far as the look goes. I remember when Cakewalk introduced what was it, Session Drummer 3?

The feature bullet said "Looks just like real drums", referring to the picture of drums sitting on a rug. At the time, I remember thinking that a lot of people were going to believe that they had something as powerful as Superior Drummer 2, because it also looks just like real drums in the plugin interface.

I just did another rescue of a song last night and while working with Superior Drummer 2, got real creative and put a tube drive on the toms. Without making them crunchy, it altered their timbre to a more pleasant place in the mix. Anyway, the depth of Superior Drummer has zero to do with the picture of a set of drums on the interface, and plugins with pretty graphics may be tricking your mind into believing that they are the best because they look the best.
2018/01/10 18:11:55
dubdisciple
Sometimes looks are strictly for show, but occasionally, an improved gui is more functional. Even something that seems as shallow as a drum looking like a drum sometimes helps a user sort function better. Technically many of these plugins could work with no gui at all and work more efficiently . Nothing is more useless than a plugin that is so poorly designed tjat it frustrates user. I don't think these fall in that category though.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account