2011/09/15 16:53:33
aaronbewza
(this message got all messed up so I deleted it lol)
2011/10/14 08:09:12
aaronbewza
Updated to version 5.59 with new encoder engines... and an official website to download the program from!
HERE is the new permanent home of Aaron's Sonar Mp3 patch 
2011/11/01 01:23:38
rox0258
i5 2500K, 8G DDR3, Win7x64, Asus P8P67, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
2011/12/31 16:31:12
helicopter steve
HI Aaron, very cool of you to provide this. I am having trouble getting it to work, however. It seems to do the mixdown ok and then I get an error code saying it may not have encoded properly. My hunch is that the path in the encoder setup is not correct: C:\Program Files\Aaron's Sonar Mp3 Patch\32-bit. I can't seem to enter the actual exe file for the LAME encoder. Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Steve
2011/12/31 16:39:59
helicopter steve
Hmm, I changed the bit-depth to 32 and changed to "16-bit keep wave file" and it worked fine...all good!
2012/02/04 22:44:19
DW_Mike
Anyone know the difference between keep the wave file and don't keep it?
I mean besides the obvious.
where does it keep the wave and why?

Mike
2012/08/26 04:34:02
Skyline_UK
Links broken.  Now a defunct app I assume?
Pity.
2012/09/29 16:35:51
aaronbewza
 Many apologies, I have not been around for a while... had a heart attack a few months ago and my personal life has been bumpy. There is a download link for version 5.63 at the bottom of this post :) @helicopter: I'm not sure why it did not work for mp3's but it worked when you selected to keep the WAV file... that's a problem I've never heard about before. You may want to run the patch again to refresh everything but right-click on it and run as administrator to see if there is a change. @chefmike8888: the difference between keeping and discarding WAV files is quite simple... No matter what, Sonar makes a temporary WAV file in a temporary folder. After that is finished, the Mp3 patch kicks in and processes it to make an mp3. You have the choice to throw away the original WAV file or keep it alongside your mp3. If the choice did not exist, people would have to export their song twice If they wanted both: once to get a WAV file and once to get an Mp3 file. I hope this answers your question :) @Skyline_UK: No, this program is not dead yet :) but the place I had this file available (autohotkey.net) has been hacked in the last few months, and everyone lost everything. I'm smarter than to rely on an online site to safely hold programs, so thankfully nothing was lost! This program is definitely still available, it's at version 5.65 at the moment. I have not worked on it in a while, really the only thing left to do is add a button which will allow us to use the patch on its own to make Mp3 out of audio files which are outside of Sonar... and that will be version 5.7 and I'll be getting to work on that soon. HERE is version 5.63 of the program, direct download from Softpedia: Download version 5.63
2012/09/29 16:40:03
aaronbewza
whoa wtf? this forum is messed up, that last post does not look right at all, there are no line breaks or anything. And it won't let me edit either. I tried to answer all your questions though, sorry it looks so messy :)
2012/09/30 04:41:17
TheSteven
aaronbewza

whoa wtf? this forum is messed up, that last post does not look right at all, there are no line breaks or anything. And it won't let me edit either. I tried to answer all your questions though, sorry it looks so messy :)

+10,000 
Bet you were using FireFox.
This board has had issues with Firefox since the day they overhauled it. I just don't get why Cakewalk considers browser compatibility a non-issue.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account