2016/08/26 21:06:16
brconflict
Wanted to bump this, because it really is a weakness for people used to PT. It's one area that's still frustrating for me (small faders/meters).
2016/08/27 12:18:40
Kamikaze
Didn't realise I'd posted on this, but the a year is a long time.

Would make my touch screen HD Laptop more viable as a mixer. Faders measure at 31mm, pretty much killing touch.
2016/08/28 11:38:37
trtzbass
Oh yeah :)
+1
2016/09/02 03:40:35
soens
I assume you're referring to the entire volume fader module... not just the fader knob?

I'd like to see it completely revamped graphically so it's easier to customize in TE. Currently it's made up of 4 graphics while the background is non existent or expands the entire height of the strip - depending on Sonar version.
2016/09/07 11:38:43
brconflict
soens
I assume you're referring to the entire volume fader module... not just the fader knob?

I'd like to see it completely revamped graphically so it's easier to customize in TE. Currently it's made up of 4 graphics while the background is non existent or expands the entire height of the strip - depending on Sonar version.

Yes, the entire fader module. There's an issue with that vs. meter range, where a meter range can differ from track to track, but the fader height may not (or can it?) but here's the fix:

1) Either include both meter range AND fader height in the same right-click pop-up, or make this option an A/B choice in Prefs for whether this right-click meter range shows either feder height or meter range. 

2) When fader height is changed for one track, it changes the height on all, much like adding plugins in the FX bin does. However, meter range can still be adjusted on a per-track basis, whether or not the feader height has been changed.

Perhaps fader height can be used to adjust the meter range.
In any case, I seriously doubt anyone would reject the idea of increasing fader height (poll?), as nearly all other DAW's deploy larger faders and meters. This is one major area that keeps Sonar's GUI on the lower shelf, but perhaps one area easily modified. 

2016/09/12 04:23:53
siordanescu
Yes for resizable faders! you have my vote for that!

2016/09/16 20:09:44
Grave Protocol
Resizable faders, yes +1.  Would make detailed adjustments a bit easier.
2016/09/19 12:50:56
brconflict
Hammerhole
Resizable faders, yes +1.  Would make detailed adjustments a bit easier.

You can obviously hold Shift while click-dragging the fader to be more accurate, but if you're trying to automate using the fader movements, this can be limiting.
2016/09/23 15:24:15
jeffreycl
Yep.  Resizable or select-a-size.
2016/09/26 09:45:47
brconflict
Even only two different heights would be great, since widen/narrow channel strips is already an option. And add a keystroke to toggle between them. :)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account