2017/02/28 21:23:12
onearmswimmer
I took a few weeks off from recording and when I went back in to record a guitar track I have no signal. My guitar is fine, it goes to my presonus audiobox usb and the red light lights up when I play but nothing after that. I have the track armed. I hit record and nothing, the meter does not move when I play. I think a simple setting has changed somehow does anyone know anything about this?  Thanks!
2017/02/28 22:28:11
57Gregy
Welcome to the forum.
What input is the audio track you're recording to set?
2017/02/28 23:16:19
onearmswimmer
Hi Greg, Is that the small box in the lower left? It says IN/OUT left line (audiobox)   I just tried different ones, right,stereo and still no signal.
2017/02/28 23:44:48
57Gregy
Check the Presonus that it is routed correctly. Most audio interfaces have mixer software, or a hardware switch or knob.
These days, it's pretty common for Microsoft, or other software updates to change things, especially if you're using Win 10.
2017/03/01 00:21:06
onearmswimmer
I just unplugged the audiobox and bypassed it. I used an 1/8 inch adapter and plugged my guitar right into the computer and still no signal. That should narrow it down to the computer or mc6.
2017/03/01 18:24:44
57Gregy
The software can only 'see' what Windows reports to it. Switching from the Presonus to the onboard sound card won't make a difference unless you change what the input is in Preferences, and you might need to change the Driver Mode, too.

Do this: Go to 'Options>Audio', or press the P key on your computer keyboard.
What is listed as the Recording Timing Master and Playback Timing Master? What is the Driver Mode? (Sometime around the release of MC 6 or 7, they changed the menus from Options>Audio to Preferences using the P key. I don't know which menu your software uses, having neither 6 or 7.)
2017/03/01 18:29:24
scook
I usually point users to http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/Audio-Hardware-Setup-Guide for instructions on setting up hardware in a Cakewalk DAW. Saves a lot of typing.
2017/03/03 20:22:09
onearmswimmer
THANK YOU guys! I had to update the driver for Presonus and now it's all good.
2017/03/07 16:14:00
onearmswimmer
I thought I had it fixed!!   I went to record and same thing..no signal so I went to presonus and downloaded the driver again and it worked for 1 record. I recorded a track, listened to it and hit record again (1 minute later) no signal. I shouldn't have to download a driver everytime I record, anyone know what causes this and how to resolve it?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account