• Software
  • SoundToys no longer require iLok account (but still use iLok copy protection) (p.2)
2018/11/26 20:19:10
Jesse G
I purchased several SoundToys plugins after the great sale they had for Thanksgiving for $29.99. I was confused also as to installing the software so, since I already had the iLock License Manager on my PC, I just used that. However, when I attempted to create a SoundToys account, I wouldn't allow me to create the account without providing my iLock username.  I thought it was strange that it would require my iLock username to create an account but state that it no longer required users to have an iLock account. I never provided the iLock username, but later I received an email stating that my Soundtoys account was created, (STRANGE) 

Get the website together SOUNDTOYS.
2018/11/26 23:22:33
TheMaartian
I had 7 SoundToys plugins, and managed to snag the bundle (along with the Effect Rack) at 50% off for something around $60. Bargain!

Since I already had the original 7 soft-authorized via iLok, the upgrade was super simple. Log in. Provide iLok username. Done. Almost. The 7 individual iLok licenses were deactivated for me and the new bundle license was in my iLok account. I just needed to authorized it to my PC. N.B.: I can't use the dongle. Never was reliable for me. Won't even TRY any Steinberg products with their eLicenser dongle. Bastidges.

I saw the emails and notifications on the new licensing method, but it wasn't offered to me. Since the iLok software authorization HAS been rock solid for me, I would have chosen that path anyway.

I have no idea how they're going to handle their accounts now. When it was just iLok, you logged in with username and password. You then provided the iLok username (you could have more than one at a studio, for example) to access your downloads.

I expected a rather large installation file for the bundle. Most of the individual plugin installation files were in the neighborhood of 1/2 GB each. The entire bundle was less than a full gig! Put a smile on my face. Actually bought me back a few gigs of hard drive space.

The Effects Rack makes getting the bundle really attractive. Keep picking up individual licenses when a deep discount happens somewhere. Everyone I bought brought my bundle upgrade cost down. That seventh one was magic, dropping it to just over $100. I almost paid that, then waited for BF. Woot! They discounted the upgrade!

Which cost me less than my new Instant Pot, due today! Come ON, UPS! Got some chili to make!

Don't you just LOVE this time of year?

2018/11/27 16:45:40
Jesse G
AAAAWWWWWEEEEEE,  Soooo CCUUTTTTTEEEEEEE!!!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account