2018/11/24 15:02:15
The Maillard Reaction
x

2018/11/24 20:15:46
paulo
Bash von Gitfiddle
Hi,
 I am running a demo of Arturia's Spark 2 software and have become concerned that the Modular view is missing the vertical scroll bar controls so I can not scroll through the modules list or view the entire height of the patched network display which is shown in the main window.

I am hoping to learn it this a limitation of the demo, and have sent a message to Arturia support. I am anxious to learn about if this is a bug or an as intended circumstance.

I installed the latest version on my Windows 7 x64 laptop sandbox via the Arturia manager software.

Do you recall anything like this when you demo'ed Spark 2?

Thank you.

I haven't tried it so I don't know.

HTH
2018/11/25 01:21:19
msorrels
I think you have to use a mouse wheel to scroll the module list (it seems to work for me with the real/full/licensed Spark 2) I don't see any other way to scroll the module list, but it's not a very big list.  The modular panel can be scrolled by left clicking and dragging and zoomed in/out with the mouse wheel.

I've had Spark 2 for a very long time but I didn't even realize it had a modular component.

2018/11/25 01:27:44
The Maillard Reaction
x
2018/11/25 18:00:17
msorrels
Mine has no scroll bar either.  But you can scroll using the mouse wheel.
2018/11/25 19:18:36
The Maillard Reaction
x
2018/11/25 20:33:19
msorrels
Lots of bugs and complaints about bugs.  They removed it from the version 5 collection (I got it with version 4 I think), perhaps because of the bugs?  I already had the Dubstep version due to some crazy discount deal at JRR one xmas.  The stand alone versions sound library's work with Spark 2 also.

It is kind of neat (and fun), especially some of the patterns and kits and the way it was meant to be played (I guess with their hardware).  It really needs an update though.  It does have some very nice sequencing tricks and the kits are actually decent.  But at this point I'd be worried it's more abandonedware.  I do believe they will someday update it, but that may be so far out you'd be better off not counting on it.

If you could get it at a big discount I think it's worth having, especially for dance/EDM/Hip Hop.

2018/11/25 21:01:24
Bajan Blue
I have this as well - i think it came with V4 - so I tried to load it up and CRASH.
Uninstalled, loaded the latest version and CRASH
It stalls looking for the controller, which I don't have. And I can only get rid of it with a restart!!!
Any ideas, well except for what Matt says, its buggy!!
Nigel

2018/11/26 05:44:05
Royal Yaksman
msorrels
Lots of bugs and complaints about bugs.  They removed it from the version 5 collection (I got it with version 4 I think), perhaps because of the bugs?  I already had the Dubstep version due to some crazy discount deal at JRR one xmas.  The stand alone versions sound library's work with Spark 2 also.

It is kind of neat (and fun), especially some of the patterns and kits and the way it was meant to be played (I guess with their hardware).  It really needs an update though.  It does have some very nice sequencing tricks and the kits are actually decent.  But at this point I'd be worried it's more abandonedware.  I do believe they will someday update it, but that may be so far out you'd be better off not counting on it.

If you could get it at a big discount I think it's worth having, especially for dance/EDM/Hip Hop.

Abandonware?... It was updated to version 2.4 in June this year. Personally haven't encountered significant hitches with it.
2018/11/26 05:46:13
Royal Yaksman
Bash von Gitfiddle
Thanks for confirming. FWIW, I use a wacon tablet and the scroll wheel function is not the same as with a mouse. I don't miss the scroll wheel, but I guess I need one for this.

Most tablets I have used require you to put two fingers on the screen simultaneously within scrollable areas, to scroll them.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account