• Software
  • Lost in the Cracks? Waves Releases FLOW MOTION (FM Hybrid Synth)
2018/11/27 14:54:09
2:43AM
I got an email yesterday 11/26 from "Sam" (test@test.com?) regarding the release announcement of Flow Motion, apparently a new hybrid, FM synth from Waves.  I have yet to check it out, but it's $39 right now. "Regular" price (as if it's been on the market for awhile now, lol) is $99.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/flow-motion-fm-synth

As an owner of a classic Yamaha TX81Z using a cool and free editor (TX81Z Programmer), I am interested to check out how this new synth's sounds and behaves via its interface. I am not, however, getting my hopes up on potential CPU usage. I can't help but think it'll be like Waves' Element 2.0.
2018/11/27 16:28:42
2:43AM
Using the demo now. It sounds pretty good with many presets. I'm just not sure how much FM is actually being used, however. Sounds more subtractive synthesis to me. Also, it sounds very close to Z3TA+2 but with cleaner effects. It seems pretty resource heavy, as expected, maybe 30% more heavy then Element 2.0, but it depends on complexity of the sound/polyphony.
2018/11/27 21:39:54
TheSteven
Waves other synths, Codex and Element, are part of the Mercury bundle but not this.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account