• Coffee House
  • Best acceptance speech at R&R Hall of Fame (p.2)
2018/12/09 18:56:48
Wayfarer
kitekrazy1
RR HOF is a joke.  Imagine if the world of sports allowed anyone with a pulse.

So true. How a guy like Bobby Darin (who is fine for a certain style of pop music) is in there while someone like Robin Trower (not to mention his old band, Procol Harum) is not is incomprehensible.
2018/12/12 17:52:29
DeeringAmps
Really
Is it the dumbed down iPhone Firefox
2018/12/25 04:56:49
mumpcake
Wayfarer
kitekrazy1
RR HOF is a joke.  Imagine if the world of sports allowed anyone with a pulse.

So true. How a guy like Bobby Darin (who is fine for a certain style of pop music) is in there while someone like Robin Trower (not to mention his old band, Procol Harum) is not is incomprehensible.

Don't you need to actually be somewhat famous to be in a HOF though?  Talented as he is, unless you play guitar or are in the tail end of the boomers/leading edge of Gen X, you probably don't know who he is.
2018/12/25 18:12:05
Wayfarer
It's hard to believe there's anyone above the age of 30 who doesn't know who Trower is. Bridge of Sighs was a gold album. I can think of at least six different songs from it that still get plenty of airplay to this day. The RRHOF isn't for recent acts. I wouldn't expect gen-x'ers to have any idea who the majority of the people in it are.
2018/12/28 02:50:15
mumpcake
Wayfarer
It's hard to believe there's anyone above the age of 30 who doesn't know who Trower is.

I think 50 might be a more reasonable cutoff for that.
Bridge of Sighs was a gold album. I can think of at least six different songs from it that still get plenty of airplay to this day. The RRHOF isn't for recent acts. I wouldn't expect gen-x'ers to have any idea who the majority of the people in it are.

That's funny because I haven't heard Robin Trower on the radio in years.  Granted, he was on the air a lot in the time when there were no such thing as "classic rock" stations, just rock stations, but I really haven't heard much of his stuff since then. 

Now I will definitely agree with you that Bobby Darin is an odd choice, as he never was associated with Rock & Roll as a performer, and I don't see him as much of an influence.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account