• Cakewalk Instruments
  • DP: I know I was stupid to use the Sonar preset function, but how do I fix it now?
2014/12/05 22:40:47
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
New OS disk, all new installation of all software,..

Instead of using the plug's function for saving actual presets/programs, too many times I used the sonar preset function.

OF COURSE:::: this time before I added the new disk, I did not spend hours using the plugin manager to save all the presets from all the plugs.

And now I cannot get DP to find the presets.

I have copied the backup presets for all the plugs I can find to the folders in the C:\program data\cakewalk\shared preset folders.

All tested plugs are finding and loving the presets. But NOT DP.

I have copied the presets to the identified folders for DP found in the registry.

I have reinstalled DP hoping a new folder would be created/identified. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I wish the CW dudes would have used the standard fxp file format then all would be reasonable.
I wish the CW dudes would provide a way to set the paths for presets, and prog files, so the plugs would open to the appropriate folders.

But:::::::::::    Perfect Space works, Sonitus plugs work, but NOT DP:  NO presets.

Anybody got some ideas?

I want to load each one and properly save to a PROG file to prevent this waste of time happening again.

2014/12/06 15:36:23
swamptooth
Are you saying you saved them as fxp files using the plugin wrapper?
2014/12/06 20:28:56
No.

For the items that are not found I used the proprietary CW presets. And did not export them using the time consuming plugin manager export function.

2014/12/06 21:06:44
swamptooth
Ok, so you saved them as .prog files...  did you hit f5 to refresh the program list?
2014/12/07 17:15:29
No not as prog files.

I used the Sonar PRESET function at the left top of the plugin windows.  These are saved in the CW/Sonar format without extension, in the shared preset folder, in a numbered folder. (Should be by plug name.)

Before removing the old disk from the computer, I forgot to use the plugin manager to click on each plug and export the presets so I could later click on each plug and import.

I will never use this preset function again. I will always use the plugin's save/load preset/prog/bank function.

But would like to be able to load the "lost" presets. I have a copy of all the folders that are were in the shared presets folder. I have copied all the presets to the proper folders, identified by number, and by saving a new preset, finding the folder, and then copying my presets to that folder.

I have found the correct folder number in the registry. But when I copy them to the same folder they are not recognized by the plugin.  Having trouble with DP, rapture, and TTS so far.  The sonitus plugs show all the presets I copied to their folders, and they load correctly.

2014/12/08 22:32:27
swamptooth
i think the guid of dimension pro might be the issue.
make sure the directory you're using is 
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Shared Presets\{141AC902-646D-6E73-4449-4D454E537E31}
2014/12/08 23:50:04
swamptooth
Well, tried it out... That wasn't it. Maybe the bakers can help here. I would click the preset management dropdown and save as fxps. Never ventured into this territory...
2014/12/08 23:57:38
Thanks for the response.

I want to open them to save them as real world files, with extensions and stuff...

2014/12/09 21:17:44
swamptooth
Hey RJ. Think i have your answer. I'll post back in a bit.
2014/12/09 21:17:47
swamptooth
I think your likely issue is in the windows registry.  I'm assuming you still have the shared presets files, so we'll work off that.  
The registry key in question is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\ActiveMovie\Presets\{141AC902-646D-6E73-4449-4D454E537E31}
the GUID should correspond to the GUID in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Shared Presets\{141AC902-646D-6E73-4449-4D454E537E31}

This key needs entries in the following format to match what's in the shared presets directory:
once you add these entries, you should be good to go.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account